Strategy Head - Hedge Fund Origination & Product Management
Bank of America
As part of the Merrill organization, the Investment Solutions Group strives to provide world-class investment strategies, platforms, solutions, and support for clients across all wealth management lines of business (including Merrill and the Private Bank).
The Hedge Fund Origination & Product Management team is responsible for originating, structuring, positioning and ongoing product management of hedge fund investments for Merrill and Private Bank clients.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Responsible for sourcing best in class hedge fund offerings for Merrill and Private Bank clients; must anticipate needs of wealth management client base, understand industry trends and new product development, and utilize network of asset manager connections to find new offerings.
• Responsible for negotiating business terms, such as offering and price structures, exclusivity, capacity and protection rights for Merrill and Private Bank clients and drafting distribution agreement with asset managers
• Lead the fund launch process by coordinating across asset managers, CIO due diligence, platform, operational, and distribution teams
• Primary point of contact for third party asset managers, responsible for cultivating strong relationships and creating alignment between third party managers’ and Merrill’s goals.
• Act as primary liaison between asset manager and internal teams, communicating important fund updates to clients, financial advisors and to internal teams.
• The successful candidate will be a well-rounded individual who possesses strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• 8+ years in the alternative investments industry, direct relevant work a plus
• Highly organized and detail oriented with the ability to think and act strategically
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively at all levels within the organization
• Strong project and time management skills; ability to lead cross functional work efforts
• Ability to identify, prioritize and execute timely business priorities
• Enthusiastic about educating junior members of the origination team, willing to delegate responsibility, and guide junior members through challenges
• Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree desired (MBA or CFA; CAIA designation preferred)
• Strong preference for candidates to currently hold Series 7 and Series 66 (or Series 63 and 65). May consider candidates who do not currently possess required licenses, but willing to obtain after commencing the role.
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Learn more about this role