Senior Quantitative Analyst
Bank of America
The Chief Investment Office (CIO) is the centralized resource to access the latest insights and solutions across the enterprise. The CIO helps Advisors establish a disciplined investment process and offer goals-based strategies that are grounded in the best thinking of the Firm. The Chief Investment Office provides thought leadership on wealth management, investment strategy and global markets and delivering strategic and tactical investment advice and in-depth guidance on portfolio strategies. The team delivers portfolio management solutions by developing and maintaining robust frameworks, services and tools to deliver goals-based wealth management (e.g., asset allocation and portfolio construction; all asset classes), and managing discretionary single asset and multi asset portfolios.
CIO Asset Allocation and Portfolio Construction Analytics Team
The team designs and delivers robust and innovative quantitative investment strategies, rules-based model portfolios and validated analytical models at scale to help our clients achieve their financial goals across all GWIM channels (Merrill, Edge, Institutional, Private Bank, Retirement & Personal Wealth Services).
Senior Quantitative Analyst
The primary objective of the role is to create, enhance, implement and maintain quantitative models for a broad range of investment analytics which include, but are not limited to, goals based investment and wealth management, quantitative asset allocation, portfolio construction and analytics, product modeling, quantitative investment strategy development and implementation, risk and return forecasting, performance attribution and other wealth management analytics. Must be analytically strong and results oriented. Must communicate clearly in an audience-appropriate manner to influence via expertise to earn the trust of key stakeholders. Must work transparently and collegially as a team player with other SMEs. Will be required to develop and manage stakeholder relationships across the Bank with a wide variety of partners.
- MS/PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Statistics or equivalent background from a top-tier institution
- A minimum 5-10 years of proven experience in quantitative investment modeling and investment analytics, including optimization, probability, statistics, econometrics, applied math, machine learning, factor models, quantitative risk and portfolio management
- Able to work with minimum supervision in a fast-paced and challenging environment; a team-player with ability to build relationships across Bank of America
- Innovative problem solving skills with demonstrable interest in prototyping and delivering proof of concept while evaluating alternative solutions
- Excellent communication and presentation skills: the ability to translate complex quantitative concepts into common-sense terms and thinking.
- Ability to be self-motivated and a desire to learn new skills and capabilities
- Experience with Matlab, Python (NumPy, SciPy, pandas), R or similar quantitative stack
- Experience with Data Visualization and Data Science is a plus
- Outstanding coding, debugging, and analytical skills
- Motivated by the transformational effects of analytics-at-scale
- Knowledge of financial markets, economic movements and trends, portfolio management concepts and market risk management
- Proficiency with, or the ability to quickly learn and adapt to tools such as Factset, Barra, Risk Metrics, Bloomberg and Morningstar Direct
- CFA / GARP desired but not required
- Series 7, 63 and 65 (or Series 7 and 66) required (may gain licenses after start - unlicensed candidates may be considered if willing to obtain licenses after start date)
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40