Project Manager - Software Development and Integration
Our culture lifts you up—there is no ego in the way. Our common purpose? We all want to win for our customers. We aim to always be evolving, dynamic, and ambitious. We believe in the power of genuine connections. Each employee is a part of what makes us unique on the market: agile and dedicated.
Job Description :
About Our Company
Breezeline is a dynamic, innovative company providing the very best Internet, TV, and Voice service to the US markets we serve. We Are ‘Above And Beyonders’, who consistently strive to surprise and delight our customers by doing the unexpected. We continually look for new and better ways to enrich our customers’ lives through connected and memorable experiences.
As the eighth-largest cable operator in the United States, Breezeline reaches more than 1.7 million homes and businesses in 13 states with Internet, TV, Voice and fiber services. Headquartered in Quincy, MA, Breezeline is a subsidiary of Cogeco Communications Inc. (TSX:CCA).
Why Work At Breezeline?
Breezeline offers our colleagues a vibrant workplace culture and excellent career opportunities as one of the country's fast-growing Internet service providers. As a proudly diverse and inclusive organization, we believe that every person’s unique individuality should be welcomed and celebrated, and their abilities and potential should be honored and recognized. It is a key part of our culture to actively promote opportunities internally to ensure that you are never static in your career with us.
Internal Values – How we act
We’re proud that Breezeline is unlike any other employer in the industry. We work hard, but we never lose sight of the big picture. We understand that our colleagues are looking for more than just a great job – they want an extraordinary life – and at Breezeline, we want to make that a reality.
And here is how we do it.
Fun: We laugh a lot. It makes every day brighter, and if you don’t love what you do, you’re not doing it right.
Job flexibility: We think everything you do matters – at work and home.
Discounted services: We offer our customers some fantastic services, and we think you deserve to enjoy them in your home, too.
Total Rewards: Let’s be honest, everyone wants to make a good salary. We offer attractive total rewards and a great culture to go along with it. We’ve got you and your family covered with one of the best packages in the business.
Career evolution: At Breezeline, you get more than just a job. You get all the tools you need to learn, grow, and achieve your career goals!
Cutting-edge technology: Do you have a passion for technology? Great, we do, too. At Breezeline, you will get the opportunity to manage, influence, play, create, fix, and re-shape the industry.
As a Project Manager for Software Development and Integration, you will be responsible for managing the complete life cycles of technically complex software development and integration projects. Your role will encompass project planning, execution, vendor management, and cross-functional coordination to ensure successful deliverables. You will act as a key contributor in a crucial environment, bridging the gap between the Project Management Office (PMO) and department project managers.
- Project Planning and Execution: Develop comprehensive project plans, including integration strategies, timelines, resource allocation, and milestones. Execute the integration plan while closely monitoring progress and making adjustments as needed.
- Vendor Management: Collaborate with external vendors, establishing clear communication channels and ensuring delivery according to agreed-upon specifications and service levels.
- Ownership and Management: Take complete ownership of assigned software development and integration projects, managing them to completion while ensuring on-time delivery and adherence to budgetary constraints.
- Technical Knowledge: Possess a working knowledge of IT, networking, and edge-access technologies, enabling you to ask challenging and probing questions during project development.
- Research and Assistance: Provide research and support to the project team in developing new projects, including creating plans, budgets, and performing risk assessments.
- Collaboration: Work closely with PMs, PMO, and other team members to ensure project scope, budget, and schedules are adhered to.
- PMO Methodology: Follow PMO methodologies to manage budgets, risks, and changes for all financial management aspects of software development and integration projects.
- Communication and Reporting: Ensure PMs maintain all project information for formal briefings, update meetings, and written, electronic, and graphic reports for stakeholders. Escalate issues and risks in a timely manner.
- Cross-Functional Agreement: Oversee cross-functional agreement on timelines, budgets, and risks related to software development and integration projects.
- Risk Management: Keep RAID (Risks, Assumptions, Issues, and Dependencies) logs up to date and address problems through risk management and contingency planning. Present solutions and options to executive management as needed.
- Persuasion and Influence: Utilize excellent communication and negotiation skills to persuade and influence stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Fast-Paced Environment: Thrive in a fast-paced environment with a high volume of software development and integration projects, ensuring efficiency and effectiveness in project management.
- Attendance and Schedule: Demonstrate regular, consistent, and punctual attendance. Be willing to work nights, weekends, and variable schedules when necessary.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) or equivalent experience in telecommunications, IT, networking, or a related field.
- Proven track record with 3-5 years of hands-on project management experience, demonstrating successful execution of software development and integration projects.
- Exceptional communication skills, adept at articulating complex ideas effectively both orally and in written form, fostering clear and concise project communication.
- Strong ability to assess priorities, multitask, and efficiently coordinate with diverse stakeholders at all levels, both internal and external, ensuring seamless project alignment.
Tools and Methodology:
- Proficient in project financial management, creating and managing budgets up to $5MM, utilizing industry-standard tools and software to track and control project expenditures effectively.
- Extensive experience in Vendor Management, leveraging communication and collaboration tools to establish efficient and productive relationships with external vendors.
- Skilled in configuring and working with Jira, a popular project management and issue tracking tool, to streamline project workflows and enhance team productivity.
- Proficient in setting up projects and programs in Smartsheets, able to create ad-hoc Smartsheet dashboards to provide real-time project insights and status updates.
- Familiarity with Google apps, utilizing a suite of collaborative and productivity tools, such as Google Docs, Sheets, and Drive, to facilitate seamless communication and data sharing.
- Experience using GIS mapping tools to incorporate geospatial data and visualization into software development and integration projects, ensuring location-aware solutions.
- Knowledge of creating policy based on PMI Waterfall, Agile, and hybrid methodologies, adapting project management approaches based on project requirements and team dynamics.
- Skilled in project plan creation and management, employing industry-standard tools to develop detailed project plans, allocate resources, and track progress against milestones.
- Proficiency in managing RAID (Risks, Assumptions, Issues, and Dependencies) logs, utilizing appropriate tools to identify and mitigate project risks, ensuring successful project outcomes.
- Competitive salary
- Medical coverage (including prescription and vision plans)
- Dental coverage
- Life Insurance (1x salary at no cost to employee)
- Long and short-term disability insurance (no cost to employee)
- Voluntary employee, spousal, and child life insurance
- Company recognized Holidays with additional Floating Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO) programs
- Comprehensive Flex Work Policy
- 401(k) plan eligibility (company match 50% up to 5% of eligible contributions)
- Participation in the Employee Bonus Plan
- Participation in the Cogeco Stock Purchase Plan
- Complimentary and discounted broadband services (for those in our service area)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Headspace Membership
- Betterhelp Membership
- Opportunities for LinkedIn Learning subscriptions for select colleagues
Location :Quincy, MA
At Cogeco, we know that different backgrounds, perspectives, and beliefs can bring critical value to our business. The strength of this diversity enhances our ability to imagine, innovate, and grow as a company. So, we are committed to doing everything in our power to create a more diverse and inclusive world of belonging.
By creating a culture where all our colleagues can bring their best selves to work, we’re doing our part to build a more equitable workplace and world. From professional development to personal safety, Cogeco constantly strives to create an environment that welcomes and nurtures all. We make the health and well-being of our colleagues one of our highest priorities, for we know engaged and appreciated employees equate to a better overall experience for our customers.