Information Security Business Analyst
Bright Horizons Family Solutions
- Information Security Business Analyst (InfoSec BA) is responsible for developing business requirements to be used as the basis for software and processes utilized by Bright Horizons internal and external users. The InfoSec BA will gather and document these requirements through a variety of means and serve as a communication bridge between business stakeholders and technical teams. The InfoSec BA must be able to perform job functions with moderate supervision and drive collaboration across departments. This role is critical to the process of delivering integrated business and information solutions to meet stakeholder needs. Reports to the Director, Information Security in the Information Security Office.
- Work with InfoSec management and project management office to prepare project documentation in accordance with company standards and ensure documentation reviewed and approved by stakeholders.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to fully understand, define and document business requirements for software and process changes.
- Ensure that feedback from key business owners is fully acknowledged and incorporated into requirements, process flow diagrams and use cases to give business leaders the confidence that they are being heard and that their needs will be met.
- Conduct user interviews, surveys, workflow reviews, research on industry best practices and user workshops documenting current (As-Is) and Future (To-Be) scenarios including processes, models, use cases, plans, flow diagrams, requirements write ups and solutions.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, translate high-level information into details and synthesize low-level information to a general understanding.
- Proactively identify ways in which system and process changes can improve efficiency of key users, customer service, accuracy of results, and completeness of data.
- Act as a change agent to help ensure that assumptions, development and implementation of new systems/processes to enhance the success of the project and increase the project’s alignment with the business needs.
- Serve as a liaison between business stakeholders and technical teams to ensure that requirements are properly translated into technical specifications, clarify requirements, review recommendations and answer questions. Collaborate and build consensus between technical team and stakeholders working to balance scope, speed to market and available resources.
- Assist implementation support teams through design, code, test and deploy to ensure issues are identified, documented and resolved timely.
- Facilitate implementation stabilization and support transition. Identify and engage impacted stakeholders during project initiation and requirements phases, develop system and support transition documentation prior to system/process introduction, facilitate knowledge transfer, and support system monitoring and reporting post go live.
- Ensure processes and documentation are consistent with best practices and Bright Horizons standards for Solution Delivery Life Cycle.
- Work with QA Team to develop and refine a master test plan that traces business requirements throughout the SDLC. As needed, participate in system testing.
- Work with Application Support, Training, Implementation, QA, and development in a business analysis capacity both reactively and proactively to support application issues, changes and modifications.
- Identify, document, and resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion.
- Become familiar with Privacy and InfoSec functional areas such as Application Security, Network Security, Patching and Vulnerability Management, Vendor Reviews, and Client Reviews so those functions can be integrated into the design and requirements of all projects.
- Facilitate cross-functional project team meetings effectively and efficiently.
- Ensure materials created for communicating and facilitating discussion of intended approach are carefully tailored to the intended audience to ensure that business owners are able to give complete and accurate feedback.
- Leverage technology and communication platforms suitable to the intended audience.
- Consistently acknowledge and appreciate each team member's contributions.
- Communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully in both written and verbal conversations.
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY
- The individual will possess the ability to exercise sound judgment to meet deadlines and prioritize projects and tasks. The individual is able to work with minimum supervision, but, when necessary, consult with the senior management of IT and lines of business for direction and/or clarity. The individual works closely with, internal users, technical staff and IT and business stakeholders to define objectives and align with goals.
RECOMMENDED EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE/ SKILLS
- Exhibit strong analytical skills and critical thinking to analyze problems, document needs and communicate these needs to a variety of audiences.
- Be able to quickly understand and translate technical and business requirements in a variety of functional areas.
- Demonstrate flexibility to adapt to new and changing information.
- Must be comfortable working and communicating with a variety of user groups at all levels within the organization.
- Work effectively as part of a virtual team.
- Demonstrate strong customer service philosophy and skills.
- Thrive in a team environment as well as in an individual setting.
- Demonstrate impeccable organization, attention to detail and follow-up skills.
- Be a self-starter, highly motivated, results-driven individual.
- Possess a strong willingness to learn new technologies, platforms and regulations and be comfortable working with unfamiliar technologies and processes.
- CISSP, CISA, CIPP/* or other advanced information security and privacy certifications preferred.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Microsoft Teams, Outlook, and Video Conferencing technologies.
- 2+ years of relevant BA experience
HAVING TECHNICAL ISSUES WITH YOUR APPLICATION?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 855-877-6866
Bright Horizons is dedicated to creating a workforce that promotes and supports diversity and inclusion. We provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals without discrimination. Bright Horizons complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO – English and EEO – Spanish along with information on the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA).