IT Project Manager
Bright Horizons Family Solutions
The IT Project Manager is responsible for providing overall direction, coordination, execution and completion of specific projects ensuring consistency with Bright Horizons strategy and goals. This role requires a self-starter able to independently take on challenges and implement technology solutions. This position requires an ability to move fluidly through a wide variety of assignments, using established processes and procedures. The IT Project Manager will need to have strong attention to detail and be able to maintain a high bar for quality. This person will have great people and communication skills and be willing and able to dig into problems when needed, and above all, have a willingness to learn.
General Project Management Skills
- Understand initiatives in order to facilitate the definition of project scope, goals, deliverables and ultimately create project plans/scum backlogs
- Plan, schedule and facilitate project timelines and meetings
- Monitor, report and follow-up on the status and next steps of all project components
- Effectively identify, adjust for and communicate downstream impacts of project changes
- Able to navigate project changes effectively, remove barriers and coordinate with a variety of cross-functional project team members
- Identify resources needed and assign individual responsibilities to cross-functional project team members
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope
- Effectively apply Bright Horizons IT Project delivery methodology and enforce project standards
- Prepare for engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures
- Minimize business exposure and risk on project. Ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately
- Risk and Issue Management: Document monitor report and following-up on Risk Action, Issue and Decision (RAID) items for all project components.
- Act as a global liaison for Bright Horizons IT, keeping abreast of initiatives to avoid overlapping efforts
- Facilitate team and client meetings effectively
- Hold regular status meetings with project team and general corporate news and generate weekly and monthly status reports
- Keep project team well informed of changes within the organization
- Effectively communicate relevant project information to stakeholders and senior leadership
- Deliver engaging, informative, well-organized presentations that are effectively tailored to the intended audience
- Adjust communication strategy and approach of team to match the needs of specific business groups, individuals and partners and ensure that all materials created for communicating and facilitating discussion of intended approach are carefully tailored to the intended audience to ensure that business owners are able to give complete and accurate feedback
- Ensure that feedback from key business owners is fully acknowledged and incorporated into functional specifications, process flow diagrams and project plans to give business leaders the confidence that they are being heard and that their needs will be met
- Serve as a communication bridge between business leaders and developers to facilitate understanding of initial requirements, questions and changes across these groups.
- Resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion
- Understand how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully
- Consistently acknowledge and appreciate each team member's contributions
- Effectively utilize each team member to his/her fullest potential
- Motivate team to work together in the most efficient manner
- Keep track of lessons learned and shares those lessons with team members
- Mitigate team conflict and communication problems
- Plan and facilitate regular team activities outside of the office
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY
- Ability to exercise sound judgment to meet deadlines and prioritize projects and tasks.
- Able to work with minimum supervision, but, when necessary, consult with the senior management of IT and lines of business for direction and/or clarity.
- Works closely with, but, not limited to marketing, finance, internal audit, IT, cost center owners, directors/principals, 3rd party suppliers and supply management to ensure their needs are being met in a timely and professional manner.
RECOMMENDED EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE/ SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Engineering preferred, Technology or related field
- Minimum 5+ years of technology project/program management required
- Strong scheduling and budgeting experience
- Ability to always remain organized and to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources including team members, other internal departments and external parties (such as 3rd party partners)
- Ability to lead, motivate and direct a cross-functional workgroup while being flexible in a changing environment
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and react to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion in confidential matters
- Excellent analytical skills required
- Experience managing all phases of the project life cycle, including running project prioritization meetings, post-installation project post-mortem meetings and a proven track record of multi-tasking, meeting deadlines and delivering projects on budget
- Knowledge of different project management software, and be technically competent with various software programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Visio
- Strong understanding of formal project management methodologies (Agile, SCRUM, Waterfall)
- Self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision, and have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- PMP (Project Management Professional) Certification or equivalent preferred
- Limited travel may be required
HAVING TECHNICAL ISSUES WITH YOUR APPLICATION?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 855-877-6866
Bright Horizons is dedicated to creating a workforce that promotes and supports diversity and inclusion. We provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals without discrimination. Bright Horizons complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO – English and EEO – Spanish along with information on the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA).