SVP, Brand Activation, Advertising & Marketing Operations Director
This role is a hybrid position requiring someone to come into the Boston office once a week.
The SVP, Brand Activation, Advertising & Marketing Operations will be responsible for Brand Activation, Advertising, Marketing Operations and Events and Sponsorship for Eastern Bank. Reporting to the Chief Marketing and Communications Officer, this is a key role that will be responsible for shaping our brand and creative strategy and helping execute campaigns in support of Eastern’s growth objectives.
The role requires exemplary leadership skills to be able to collaborate with and influence a range of partners including advertising and media agencies as well as key stakeholders and other cross functional teams to support and execute marketing strategy across different audiences.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for creative strategy development, art direction and execution for all brand, business, and product campaigns. Plan and develop advertising across all channels including broadcast, print, digital, social etc.
- Manage creative Agency of Record, design, and production partners.
- Lead creative strategy and execution for retail locations, owned and paid digital, including digital screens, eb.com, ATM’s etc.
- Identify, champion and test new creative and media advertising ideas, particularly in new digital channels to find new ways to effectively communicate with customers and prospects.
- Lead Brand Management and development for the company. Maintain and evolve band guidelines for overall company, as well as merchandising. Approve all communications for brand compliance and consistency. Provide advice and counsel to all of our agency partners, company business unit, corporate partners and staff organizations on the proper use of brand standards.
- Partner with SVP, Marketing Strategy and Research and CMO to develop annual Marketing plans with business units and corporate departments.
- Partner with SVP, Marketing Strategy and Digital Director on ongoing channel strategies and media planning.
- Lead the marketing operations function for Eastern including working with internal partners to develop campaign design and execution including but not limited to creating brand and product campaign planning and briefs, marketing project management, direct marketing fulfillment, list processing, channel implementation, and field communications.
- Manage operations agency partners and platforms. Work with external vendors/advertising agency to manage production timelines, creative and approval.
- Manage the compliance function for Marketing which includes ensuring all processes and initiatives conform with exiting (and applicable) guidelines and regulations.
- Manage Campaign, Direct Mail, Branch collateral and Events/Sponsorship budgets by tracking costs, working with external vendor/advertising agency to ensure deliverables are on time and within budget.
Sponsorships & Events
- Manage major brand sponsorships with nationally and internationally known celebrities including negotiating contracts, managing appearance days, and incorporating our “Partners For Good” into our overall advertising, PR and employee events.
- Manage 20+ smaller legacy sponsorships with community organizations and business partners including activation, advertising placements and engagement.
- Manage event strategy and execution for all major employee and customer events annually.
- Interacts regularly with the CEO, Management Committee and Board members. Presents work and collaborates with leadership as needed per project.
- Manage a team marketing professional including Campaign Managers, Marketing Operations Manager, Sponsorships and Events Manager, and Graphic Designer.
- Reports directly to the Chief Marketing and Communications Officer
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 12+ years of hands-on leadership of consumer and/or B2B advertising including both traditional and digital channels (client or agency experience will be considered).
- Experience working in a regulated industry such as financial services or healthcare a plus.
Skills/Knowledge and Other Requirements:
- Very strong experience managing consumer and/or B2B advertising creative and media across both traditional and digital channels.
- Ability to effectively brief, evaluate and provide feedback on creative and media.
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills with both internal and external partners.
- Customer-centric mindset - for both external communication and internal customer service.
- Proactive “get it done – well” mindset; demonstrates leadership and ownership for timely delivery.
- Sound business judgement with ability to prioritize efforts to support strategic goals and customer needs.
- Innovative mindset to champion new ideas and stay current with competitive activity.
- Excellent project management skills and strong attention to detail.
- Solid measurement and analytical skills with the ability to provide reporting to enhance decision-making and optimizations.
- Strong brand, business and customer-centric judgement and decision-making in the planning, development, and execution of advertising communications.
- Ability to anticipate and pro-actively solve executional and logistical problems, as well as work with key business partners to effectively resolve any conflicts.
- Ability to work with limited supervision and to make timely decisions is required.
- Advertising shoots and other events require in-state traveling as well as hours outside of 8:00-5:00 p.m.
Committed. Inclusive. Courageous. Eastern Bank has built a legacy of investing in the communities we serve and helping our customers, communities and employees thrive and grow. We pride ourselves in having knowledgeable and experienced professionals that can provide the expertise, personal attention and service our customers deserve.
As a large full service commercial bank in the Greater Boston area, we are able to offer you unique opportunities for career growth throughout the organization, as well as a competitive compensation and benefits program.
As an inclusive company, we work to ensure that our valued employees are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, and encouraged to reach their fullest potential. These values have earned us a reputation as a great place to work and provide a strong reason why you should consider a career with us.