Data Center Technician Apprentice, September 2023 Start
Please complete your application before 5th June, 2023 for a September 2023 start.
This role is not eligible for immigration sponsorship.
- MBO ICT student level 3 or 4 (middle-level applied education in the Dutch education system).
- Experience with operating systems and networking protocols.
- Experience with computer hardware and server hardware or troubleshooting/diagnosing.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently.
- Experience with Linux operating systems.
- Experience in maintenance and monitoring of server systems.
- Familiarity with data centers or network operation center environment.
- Ability to collaborate and partner with teams to overcome challenges.
About the job
The Hardware Operations team monitors, maintains, and deploys the physical infrastructure behind Google's Search technology. As a Data Center Technician Apprentice, you'll deploy and maintain Google's advanced Data Center Server and Network Infrastructure. You’ll work with the physical deployment of data center-related technology and work closely with various stakeholders. While in this role, you will be offered an introduction to the wider engineering world at Google. You will have the opportunity to develop within Hardware Operations or learn more about software development, networking operations, or our project management groups.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to address some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Install servers, switches, routers, and other networking gear.
- Help test and troubleshoot server/network hardware components.
- Configure and troubleshoot Linux OS-related issues.
- Resolve issues with broken equipment with little to no escalation.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?