Epitaxy Production Manager, Augmented Reality
- Bachelor's degree in Materials Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Physics, a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience in Epitaxy Engineering, Operations, or Technical Leadership.
- Master's degree or PhD in Materials Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Physics, or a related field.
- 1 year of experience in operations or technical leadership.
- Experience in Epitaxy Engineering or Operations in III-V processes.
- Experience in training technical staff.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
About the job
Our computational challenges are so big, complex and unique we can't just purchase off-the-shelf hardware, we've got to make it ourselves. Your team designs and builds the hardware, software and networking technologies that power all of Google's services. As a Hardware Engineer, you design and build the systems that are the heart of the world's largest and most powerful computing infrastructure. You develop from the lowest levels of circuit design to large system design and see those systems all the way through to high volume manufacturing. Your work has the potential to shape the machinery that goes into our cutting-edge data centers affecting millions of Google users.
Google is investing in novel display technology to solve the unique challenges that Augmented Reality presents. We must forge our own path to deliver an exceptional display experience. You will be part of an agile team driven to build reliable, high quality products, and that are excited about pioneering display technology. Our Epitaxy team is growing our own emissive displays.As an Epitaxy Production Manager, you will oversee and improve our Epitaxial growth and characterization areas. This includes long-term planning including hiring, training and qualifying new technicians as we build capacity. It also includes day-to-day oversight of operations and motivating employees in the continuous improvement of Epitaxy operations. You will be responsible for coordinating with maintenance to maintain high uptime, reporting on throughout and identifying constraints in the Epitaxy area. You will define and monitor the work in process.
The Google Augmented Reality team is a diverse group of experts tasked with building the foundations for great immersive computing and building helpful, delightful user experiences. We're focused on making immersive computing accessible to billions of people through mobile devices, and our scope continues to grow and evolve.
- Manage a team of eight direct reports as well as growing the team through hiring and training.
- Inspire the team to continuously improve. Monitor and report on the quality of work and throughput in the Epitaxy area, establish ongoing training practices on operations procedures in the area, set and guide the team to achieve quality and operations goals.
- Proactive communication with management, engineering, and operations in Epitaxy and Fabrication to monitor and report on tool utilization in the Epitaxy area.
- Adapt to changing priorities, including guiding the team to pivot when needed.
- Set and manage budget for consumables in the area.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?