Executive Communications Manager, Google Customer Solutions
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: San Francisco, CA, USA; Mountain View, CA, USA.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- 7 years of experience in internal and executive communications with technology products or services
- Experience in high-impact communications execution, including leading the communications program for a large organization
- Experience with change management in complex, fast-changing organizations
- Ability to plan, work calmly, and maintain good judgment and execute on multiple projects simultaneously in an organized manner
- Ability to drive consensus across a diverse set of stakeholders, including executive leadership
- Ability to maintain attention to detail, be an effective team player, meet project deadlines, and lead efforts across disciplines
- Excellent verbal and written communication and project management skills
About the job
As a member of the Executive and Internal Communications team, you will be part of a team which produces employee communications and events for Google executives. You will work with members of your internal client team on communications initiatives, projects and programs. You will support the work of the team to create strategic communications campaigns, come up with innovative ways to engage employees that are in tune with Google's culture, write communications, business update presentations and talking points. You will also collaborate with internal partners as needed across functions (PR, Policy, Legal, HR, Operations, etc.) and geographies.
Google Customer Solutions (GCS) helps businesses grow by providing marketing solutions to help them acquire, onboard, grow, and retain customers. The Executive Communications Manager will develop and execute the communications strategy for the President of GCS and provide advisory support to the GCS Executive Team. You will write compelling messages, create thoughtful presentations for internal meetings, and find innovative ways to engage employees to build a shared culture. You will help the President of GCS communicate, using written and spoken channels (e.g., emails, blog posts, presentations, videos, etc.). You will also support projects related to issues management, culture initiatives, and leadership programs. You will collaborate with the President of GCS and their executive leadership team, other communication leads, and key partners in People Operations.
We help inform and educate users, advertisers, partners, opinion leaders--and our own employees--about the benefits of Google's products, our distinctive company culture/values and our approach to the big public policy issues of the day. You are quick-witted, entrepreneurial and intellectually curious. To succeed in this role, you are willing to try new things and can manage numerous projects with tight deadlines. Things happen quickly at Google, and to do great work, you need to be an enthusiastic team player who can work cross-functionally with partners across PR, Communications, Marketing, Product, and beyond.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $126,000-$190,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Interact with and influence executives, and provide advice that reflects an understanding of their business and leadership/communication style.
- Collaborate with internal partners as needed across functions (e.g., public relations, policy, legal, human resources, operations, etc.) and geographies.
- Build and deliver communications plans that integrate into the wider Global Business and Operations Organization (GBO) and Google communications strategy. Take ownership of tactics and outcomes and measure their impact.
- Interface closely with the internal communications team of the broader GBO to inform, inspire, and engage GBO employees globally with consistent messaging, stories of purpose, progress, and hope, reinforcing how the team and Google's innovation are enabling customer and partner success.
- Create and manage channels to help executives effectively reach their audience, share information, and understand feedback.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?