Technical Sales Specialist, Data Analytics, Google Cloud
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- 6 years of experience in virtualization or cloud native architectures in a customer-facing or support role.
- Experience with traditional Big Data technologies, Analytic Warehousing technologies, data processing technologies, performance and scalability optimizations.
- Experience delivering technical presentations and live demonstrations in an enterprise business environment.
- Experience with technical sales or professional consulting in the fields of cloud computing, data, information lifecycle management, and Big Data.
- Experience with architecture design, implementing, tuning, schema design, and query optimization of scalable and distributed systems.
- Experience with developing data warehousing, data lakes, batch/real-time event processing, streaming, data processing (ETL/ELT), data migrations, data visualization tools, and data governance on cloud native architectures.
- Knowledge of cloud computing (e.g., infrastructure, storage, platforms, and data), cloud market, competitive dynamics, and customer buying behavior.
About the job
When leading companies choose Google Cloud it's a huge win for spreading the power of cloud computing globally. Once educational institutions, government agencies, and other businesses sign on to use Google Cloud products, you come in to facilitate making their work more productive, mobile, and collaborative. You listen and deliver what is most helpful for the customer. You assist fellow sales Googlers by problem-solving key technical issues for our customers. You liaise with the product marketing management and engineering teams to stay on top of industry trends and devise enhancements to Google Cloud products.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
- Support local Sales teams in pursuit of key business opportunities, engaging customers to address aspects of the data lifecycle.
- Identify business and technical requirements, conduct full technical discovery, and design client solutions to meet gathered requirements.
- Lead technical projects, including activities such as technology advocacy, supporting bid responses, product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, and the coordination of supporting technical resources.
- Prepare and deliver product messaging to highlight the Google Cloud Platform value proposition, using techniques that include whiteboard and slide presentations, product demonstrations, white papers, and Request for Information (RFI) response documents.
- Work with Google Cloud Platform products to demonstrate and prototype integrations in customer/partner environments. Travel as required for meetings, technical reviews, and onsite delivery activities.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?