Multimedia Hardware Architect
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience in multimedia architecture and silicon design.
- Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering.
- Experience in architecting ambient or always-on vision hardware and workflows for ultra low power SoC applications.
- Experience architecting and designing low power multimedia hardware IP for SoCs in the following areas: Camera Image signal processor (ISP), video codecs, display, and machine learning (ML) networks.
- Experience collaborating cross-functionally with Product Management, SoC architecture, IP design and verification, camera, video, ML algorithm, and software development teams.
- Experience in micro architecture, power, and performance optimization.
- Familiarity with interconnect, fabric, security, or multi-level caching architectures.
About the job
Our computational challenges are so unique we can't just purchase off-the-shelf hardware, we've got to make it ourselves. Your team designs and builds the hardware, software and networking technologies that power all of Google's services. As a Hardware Engineer, you design and build the systems that are the heart of the world's largest and most powerful computing infrastructure. You develop from the lowest levels of circuit design to large system design and see those systems all the way through to high volume manufacturing. Your work has the potential to shape the machinery that goes into our cutting-edge data centers affecting millions of Google users.
With your technical expertise, you lead projects in multiple areas of expertise (e.g., engineering domains or systems) within a data center facility, including construction and equipment installation, troubleshooting, or debugging with vendors.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. We aim to make people's lives better through technology.
- Collaborate with Google research and silicon product management to help define the product roadmap for camera, video, and display on a SoC for a variety of Google devices.
- Collaborate with camera ISP, video, and display algorithm engineers to specify competitive hardware IP architectures for SoCs.
- Co-develop hardware IP architecture solutions with Camera, Video, and Display software teams for SoCs.
- Define and deliver the hardware IP architecture specifications that meet competitive power, performance, area, and image quality targets. Lead the targets through to tape-out and product launch.
- Collaborate with camera ISP, video, and display hardware IP design teams across global sites to lead the hardware IP architecture specifications into design implementation for SoCs.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?