Data Center Security Manager, Compliance, Security, Risk Management
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience managing operations (security, logistics, facilities).
- Experience managing a geographically dispersed contracted workforce.
- Ability to speak and write in English and Japanese fluently.
- Experience managing a geographically dispersed full time employee workforce.
- Experience with physical security, investigations, and compliance management.
About the job
Google’s Data Center Compliance, Security, and Risk Management (CSRM) team is a dedicated organization chartered with protecting the people and assets of Google’s global critical infrastructure. CSRM consists of industry leading professionals who leverage advanced security systems, dedicated guarding forces, risk management, and compliance framework programs to support the entirety of Google Data Centers.
In this role, you will be charged with managing the risk program including specific physical security, crisis response, and compliance functions within the Data Center or related infrastructure. You will deliver full pieces of a project and make significant contributions with minimal guidance. You will lead efforts of a team responsible for small to medium-sized initiatives by delivering value-added perspectives and influencing project direction. You'll contribute to cross-team collaborations, identify, and recommend multiple creative ways to solve defined problems. Additionally, you will demonstrate the behaviors expected of all Google employees, and engage in community contributions to improve and sustain our culture and operations, making Google a better place to work.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Be responsible for the compliance, security, and risk management program at the Data Center campus or related infrastructure which includes managing site security incidents, escalations, guard contract management, and all other physical security related issues.
- Provide after-hours on-call management support and participate in emergent large-scale event response, or crisis management when needed.
- Implement established compliance processes aligned with CSRM policies, standards, guidelines, and relevant legal or regulatory requirements.
- Manage the security-related costs through budget, forecasting and invoice control for the assigned campus, and assist management with financial analysis and input to financial decisions for security requirements.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?