Strategic Business Development Manager, Extended Reality Platform
This role may also be located in our Playa Vista, CA campus.
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Mountain View, CA, USA; Atlanta, GA, USA; Austin, TX, USA; Boulder, CO, USA; Cambridge, MA, USA; Chicago, IL, USA; Miami, FL, USA; New York, NY, USA; Los Angeles, CA, USA; Seattle, WA, USA; Washington D.C., DC, USA.
- 6 years of experience in business development specifically in consumer electronics, connected hardware, or XR (VR/AR/MR) technology enablement.
- Experience creating agreements or partnership agreements.
- Experience leading product partnerships with a set of cross-functional team members (product management, engineering, sales, or marketing).
- MBA or Master's degree in Engineering.
- Experience operating in a fast-paced, always-on, constantly evolving and collaborative environment, and working cross-functionally with all levels of management, both internally and externally.
- Ability to build executive relationships in the OEM, SoC, and technology ecosystems.
- Exceptional analytical, verbal and written communication, and presentation skills with ability to address technical, contractual, and financial issues.
- Creative, resourceful, detail-oriented, and highly organized.
About the job
As a Strategic Partner Development Manager, you'll open doors with potential partners, lead exploratory discussions and evaluate/develop business opportunities. You will lead cross-functional teams, provide thought leadership and serve as a mentor to managers and associates. You are comfortable escalating and presenting business development strategies and key issues to senior management. You'll work closely with Google Product, Engineering, Legal and Sales teams on new product initiatives and key strategic relationships that support our online advertising business.
In this role, you will drive development, launch, and distribute our new XR platforms and experiences in collaboration with OEM and technology partners. You will help bring an informed business perspective to Google’s considerable engineering and product investments in Extended Reality (XR) and post-smartphone devices. You'll work closely with cross-Product Area engineering, product, and business teams to help define and set the goal and strategy for how Google engages with the broader ecosystem.
Additionally, you will led complex, first in kind agreements for product and commercial partnerships in consumer electronics, and/or XR hardware and services. In addition to discussing complex agreements, you will bring together disparate opinions across engineering, product, program management, and other stakeholders.
The Global Partnerships organization is responsible for exploring new opportunities with Google's partners. Google’s Global Partnerships team works with a wide range of partners to bring the best of Google to power their business. The Global Partnerships team supports Google’s own Product teams with essential partnerships to help Google’s user experiences in advertising, Search, Assistant, Maps, Travel, Shopping, Payments and more. Teams create product-enabling partnerships, go-to-market strategies and incubate business growth for a variety of products.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $157,000-$241,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Establish deep partnerships with key players across OEM, SOC, and other platforms enabling tech partners.
- Define, discuss, and close complex product, distribution, marketing, brand, and technology agreements with global partners.
- Emerge as a thought leader on the ecosystem, strategic trends and competitive threats, and establish a reputation as an expert who can provide guidance to PM and engineering teams on engagement strategies with major technology partners.
- Work cross-functionally with Product, Engineering, Program Management, Strategy and Operations, Marketing, and other internal stakeholders to maximize investment across XR platform, and advocate internally on behalf of partners.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?