Data Center Security Manager, Compliance, Safety and Risk
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience managing technical and non-technical groups to drive business outcomes.
- 5 years of experience with security technologies, including CCTV, Access Control, Incident Management Systems, and Security Operations Centers.
- Bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice or related field.
- Experience in conducting investigations, including criminal, human resources, and safety incidents.
- Experience in data center and security system elements of design.
- Experience in working on active construction sites and providing safety/security countermeasures.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
About the job
Security is at the core of Google's design and development process: it is built into the DNA of our products. The same is true of our offices. You're an expert who shares our seriousness about security and our commitment to confidentiality. You'll collaborate with our Facilities Management team to create innovative security strategies, investigate breaches and create risk assessment plans for the future. You believe that providing effective security doesn't come at the expense of customer service - you will be our bodyguard (and our long lost pal).
As a Data Center Security Manager, you will focus on executing tasks of a project with minimal escalation. You will manage the daily operations of vendors and serve as the next level escalation point for security-related incidents, coupling industry standard tools, and current security technology to solve defined problems. You will have the opportunity to lead small- to medium-sized initiatives by delivering value-added perspectives and influencing project direction.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $94,500-$138,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Be responsible for the compliance, security, and risk management program at the Data Center campus or related infrastructure, which includes managing site security incidents, escalations, guard contract management, risk assessments, and all other physical security related issues.
- Provide after-hours on-call management support and participate in emergent, large-scale event response or crisis management when needed.
- Implement established compliance processes aligned with policies, standards, guidelines, and relevant legal or regulatory requirements.
- Execute investigations related to code of conduct and other business violations including worker injuries and security incident investigations.
- Manage the security related costs through budget, forecasting, and invoice control for the assigned campus, assisting management with financial analysis and input to financial decisions for security requirements.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?