Data Center Facilities Technician, Electrical
- Associate's degree, trade school certification, or other verifiable training in a relevant technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in operating/maintaining facilities (e.g., data centers, hospitals, refineries, power plants, industrial) and commissioning electrical systems.
- Experience in high voltage electrical maintenance in critical large-scale facilities (e.g., Data Center, Pharma, Medical, or Electrical).
- Ability to work as part of a team while prioritizing work efficiently.
- Ability to take the role as a Senior Authorized Person (SAP).
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and people management skills.
About the job
The Data Center team designs and operates some of the most sophisticated electrical engineering, mechanical engineering and HVAC systems in the world. Facilities Technicians at Google data centers operate, monitor and support physical facilities conditions. Some of these duties will include heating and cooling of air and water, power supply, generators, UPS systems, electrical distribution and control and monitoring systems. You regularly help inspect, maintain and repair various data center systems such as piping and non-critical electrical or mechanical system components). You provide daily assistance to senior technicians as you read blueprints/schematics, conduct tours of systems and assess their working order.
As an advocate for best practices, you develop creative approaches to reducing operational costs while improving overall data center efficiency. You ensure that environmental and safety standards are consistently met, identifying problems and making repairs quickly. In emergency situations or abnormal conditions, you manage data center performance issues and outages to minimize the recovery time from failures.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Take responsibility for the uptime and maintenance of high and medium voltage systems including Switchgear, Transformers, Protection and Control, and Monitoring Systems.
- Develop creative approaches to reduce operational costs, whilst improving efficiencies.
- Operate, monitor, maintain, and respond to abnormal conditions in the data center facilities systems and equipment.
- Provide tracking and trending operational characteristics.
- Have authorization to work in the EU.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?