Group Editorial and Social Media Manager, Google Cloud
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Seattle, WA, USA; Kirkland, WA, USA; San Francisco, CA, USA; Sunnyvale, CA, USA.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 12 years of experience in marketing or technology communication.
- Experience in leading teams.
- Experience managing teams, narratives, and programs.
- Ability to develop strategic partnerships.
- Ability to design and implement new approaches to complex challenges, and track record of anticipating market trends.
- Excellent communication skills.
About the job
Whether you're on a consumer product (like Gmail, Search, Maps, Chrome, Android) or a business product (Google Ads, AdSense, Google Marketing Platform, Analytics), you take part in a complete marketing experience as you lead every facet of the product's journey. From determining positioning, naming, competitive analysis, feature prioritization and external communications, you help shape the representation of the product and help it grow a consumer base. This means you work with a cross-functional team across Sales, corporate communications, legal, webmasters, product development, engineering and more. In this role, you'll be involved with product marketing strategy from beginning to end.
In this role, you will design our high-level strategy, goals, priorities, and overall editorial and content direction in the broader context of Google Cloud strategies and goals.
Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google's products solve the world's problems--from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can--changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $203,000-$299,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Lead with creativity, customer empathy, strategic thinking in the design and delivery of social, content and campaigns.
- Oversee editorial calendar including campaigns, assets, communications, and programs.
- Design and deliver measurement for content and social media performance for optimization, recommending insight-based content and channels for reaching and engaging customers.
- Partner across Google Cloud Marketing Sales teams along with broader Google teams to scale impact, identify opportunities for differentiated storytelling and amplification, and shape perceptions in the market.
- Manage team by modeling best practices, offering support and direction, build a performance culture, create a sense of inclusion and belonging, and take an active role in team members growth and development.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?