Cyber Threat Intel Analyst
Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote roles. By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:
Remote locations: Virginia, USA; District of Columbia, USA.
- 2 years of experience in an analytical role (network analyst, intelligence threat analyst, or security engineer/consulting)
- Experience with information security, cyber security and IT threats, attacks, and vulnerabilities
- Experience managing and executing on short-term and long-term projects
- US Government Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmentalized Information security clearance
- Experience working with commercial data sources (internet scan data, passive DNS, domain registry, malware repositories)
- Experience in the consumption, processing, and analysis of tactical Cyber Threat Intelligence (CTI) within an operational environment, supporting monitoring, detection, and response capabilities
- Experience with Incident Response, Enterprise security controls, and Intrusion Operations
- Experience evaluating host and network forensic reports of electronic media, packet capture, log data analysis, malware triage, and network devices in support of intrusion analysis or enterprise level information security operations
- Working knowledge of security solutions and technologies including Linux, Network architecture/implementation/configuration
About the job
As a Cyber Threat Intel Analyst, you will ensure the delivery of actionable intelligence to each customer’s security or operational environments in order to drive decision making and decisive action. You will also act as a conduit to an extensive network of cyber security, threat intelligence, and information operations professionals.
Mandiant is a recognized leader in dynamic cyber defense, threat intelligence and incident response services. By scaling decades of experiences, Mandiant helps organizations to be confident in their readiness to defend against and respond to cyber threats. Mandiant is now part of Google Cloud.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $104,000-$153,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Maintain tools and best-practices in advanced persistent threats, Tools, Techniques, and Procedures (TTPs) of attackers, and forensics and incident response.
- Process, analyze, and research cyber threats to provide actionable threat intelligence, including adversary indicators of compromise, technique, tactics and procedures, behaviors, exploited vulnerabilities, and trends to help defend the client.
- Identify and hunt for related TTPs across all internal/external repositories.
- Correlate collected intelligence, to build upon a larger knowledge base of tracked threat activity.
- Present tactical and strategic intelligence about threat groups, the methodologies they use, and the motivations behind their activity.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?