Cyber Defense Senior Analyst, Mandiant, Google Cloud
Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote roles.
Remote location: United States.
- 4 years of experience in SOC analyst, malware research, threat hunting, or similar roles, working with EDR and SIEM technologies
- 3 years of experience with networking, TCP/IP protocols, and network topology
- 2 years of experience with server operating systems, network directory services, and productivity software
- 2 years of experience leading incident response activities
- One or more of the following certifications: CompTIA Security +, CompTIA Network+, ISC2 (e.g. CISSP), SANS-GIAC certification (e.g., GSEC, GCIH, GCED, GCFA, GCIA, GNFA, GPEN, GWAPT), CISCO (e.g. CCNA), EC-Council (e.g., CEH, LPT)
- Understanding of operating system fundamentals, including Windows and Linux
- Understanding of security controls for common platforms and devices, including Windows, Linux, and network equipment
- Knowledge of scripting languages (e.g., PowerShell and Python)
- Ability to simplify and communicate complex ideas
- Excellent people management and written and verbal communication skills
About the job
The Security Transformation Services (STS) Cyber Defense team works with customers to transform their cyber defense capabilities by enhancing their detection, response, validation, and hunting capabilities. This is a team of tactical cyber defense practitioners with direct experience in building and operating Cyber Defense Centers (CDC). The team provides operational and transformational services to our customers that wish to evolve their CDCs. We partner with regional teams across the globe to deliver major cyber defense transformation and operations projects
In this role, you will be responsible for enabling efficient and accurate incident response activities and daily tasks within a Cyber Defense Center (CDC). You will will collaborate with multiple cross-functional teams like Mandiant Architects, Mandiant Engineers, Client Information Technology (IT) resources, and other business resource owners, to define requirements and deliver recommendations focused on incident response activities to support the client's CDC. In addition, you may be responsible for the analysis, response, containment, remediation, and long-term improvement of a client's Security Operation Center (SOC) in order to maintain and transform incident detection and response capabilities.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $128,000-$192,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Identify challenges in customer Cyber Defense Centers and formulate strategies for improvement, plan implementation of improvements, and execute/oversee plans to completion.
- Conduct real-time analysis using SIEM, Endpoint, and network-based technologies with a focus on identifying security events and false positives.
- Advise on CDC, CSIRT, and SOC management activities.
- Research and leverage cybersecurity intelligence sources, attacker techniques, containment methodologies, and remediation processes to improve Security Operation Center incident detection and response capabilities.
- Engage and collaborate with client stakeholders and other groups within customer environment to drive resolution for security issues.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?