Program Manager III, Data Center, Forecast and Demand
Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote and in-office roles. By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:
In-office locations: Sunnyvale, CA, USA; Atlanta, GA, USA; Kirkland, WA, USA.
Remote location(s): United States.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Process Management, Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain Management, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in program or project management.
- Experience with PMP, Six Sigma (Green or Black), DMAIC, Lean, Value Stream Mapping, or SIPOC.
- MBA or Master's degree in Business Process Management, Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain Management, or related disciplines.
- 5 years of experience managing cross-functional or cross-team projects.
- Experience in the development and implementation of systems.
- Experience leading teams/partners to establish facts, solve complex problems, and establish corrective action plans.
- Experience in project management with a track record of successfully setting up, executing, and monitoring operational processes.
- Experience working on hardware products (Data Center Mechanical or Electrical Commodities).
About the job
A problem isn’t truly solved until it’s solved for all. That’s why Googlers build products that help create opportunities for everyone, whether down the street or across the globe. As a Program Manager at Google, you’ll lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish — working with stakeholders to plan requirements, manage project schedules, identify risks, and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners across the company. Your projects will often span offices, time zones, and hemispheres. It's your job to coordinate the players and keep them up to date on progress and deadlines.
Our goal is to build a Google that looks like the world around us — and we want Googlers to stay and grow when they join us. As part of our efforts to build a Google for everyone, we build diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work and we aim to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout the company.
As a Program Manager, you will plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project life-cycle. In this role, you will establish and drive metrics, drive process and system improvements to achieve efficiency and scalability goals, and influence our rapidly growing data center infrastructure supply chain. You will work closely with Data Center Supply Planning, Purchasing, Engineering, Commodity Management, and Contract Manufacturing teams. Your diligence ensures global equipment delivery is timely and efficient.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $136,000-$203,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Develop and own ongoing forecast and demand change management frameworks to identify, mitigate, and manage ongoing change orders in our supply chain ecosystem.
- Develop methods to ensure changes are well understood (reason coded) so suppliers can execute accordingly.
- Direct supply/demand match conversations driving execution alignment to plan with internal partner teams including Planning, Materials Management, Procurement, and Commodity Management.
- Identify issues/gaps and drive mitigation actions to resolution ensuring weekly alignment to plan.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?