Creative Technologist, Creative Labs
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Design, or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience with coding or machine learning.
- Experience with design tools and prototyping such as Adobe CC, Sketch, Principle, along with human-centered and iterative design methodologies.
- Knowledge of UI/UX best practices.
- Familiarity with App Engine development, with an interest in hardware hacking, tangible interfaces, and experimental UI.
- Ability to grow in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects in a start-up atmosphere.
- Ability to take initiative with an interest in gadgets, inventions, and leaps in technology.
About the job
The Creative Lab is a small team of designers, writers, programmers, filmmakers, producers and business thinkers whose mission is to remind the world what it is they love about Google. Our job is to make Google’s magic more magical, help advance and invent Google’s future, and to communicate Google’s innovations, intentions and ideals in ways that makes us all immensely proud.
As a Creative Technologist, you will be pushing technical and creative boundaries. You will have the curiosity and interest in guiding experiences and communication through code. You will implement machine learning on products, development of interactive interfaces, front-ends, visualizations, physical prototypes native applications, and web-based products, including server-side implementation. You will work with a team of designers, writers, filmmakers, programmers, and creative tinkerers, while representing the technical side of the Creative Lab, and foster outside agency relationships as well as internal coordination with engineers and researchers. You will be required to sit in our New York offices in a hybrid working capacity.
Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google's products solve the world's problems--from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can--changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
- Help with development of new ideas and applications, from prototype to launch, using the creative lab methodologies based on the latest research and technologies.
- Work independently and collaborate with a small team of technologist, engineers, designers, and producers, while synthesizing feedback from partners and stakeholders to prototype ambitious demos or experiences.
- Act as a technical partner in the production of Creative Lab projects.
- Experiment with various internal and external APIs and libraries.
- Work with machine learning models, and implement them into projects and earn new technology and platforms.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?