Director, Android Strategy
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 15 years of experience in Product/Sales Operations, consulting, or Corporate Planning.
- Experience working with analysis and presenting to executive leadership.
- Experience with people management.
- Experience with and understanding of mobile ecosystems, technologies, and ecosystem partners.
- Experience executing complex strategic and operational initiatives, and using data to inform product, marketing, or business strategy.
- Experience building relationships with and influencing executive stakeholders within a complex business environment.
- Ability to take initiative and problem-solving, with excellent business judgment.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
About the job
In this role, you will help to shape the future of Android’s ecosystem and platform capabilities, to drive Android device growth, user engagement, and Android retention.
You will help the Android Ecosystem team shape product development and strategic/operational decision-making, with the goal of increasing Android health and growth. You will provide strategic and analytical support, market understanding, and a strategic perspective to partners throughout the organization. You will influence cross-functionally to deliver cross-functional programs, and support the growth of teams.
Android is Google’s open-source mobile operating system powering more than 3 billion devices worldwide. Android is about bringing computing to everyone in the world. We believe computing is a super power for good, enabling access to information, economic opportunity, productivity, connectivity between friends and family and more. We think everyone in the world should have access to the best computing has to offer. We provide the platform for original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and developers to build compelling computing devices (smartphones, tablets, TVs, wearables, etc) that run the best apps/services for everyone in the world.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $301,000-$447,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Partner with Android product and business leadership to identify and define product strategies to grow a healthy Android ecosystem, and the execution path to achieve and measure success.
- Define and develop goals to monitor and optimize strategy execution to drive performance, collaborating and leading cross-functionally as needed to track progress and inform necessary course corrections.
- Inform plans with market and user insight.
- Ensure high quality in all projects and ensure that processes are adopted and best practices are shared.
- Develop content for and participate in product and business reviews with executive leadership, setting standards and benchmarks on how Android evaluates initiatives and outcomes globally.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?