Technical Program Manager, Equipment Supply Chain, Data Engineering
Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote and in-office roles. By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:
In-office locations: Atlanta, GA, USA.
Remote location(s): United States.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Data Science, or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of experience in program or project management.
- 2 years of experience in data engineering, in programming languages such as Python and SQL/BigQuery.
- 2 years of experience with data warehousing and business intelligence tools (e.g., Data Studio, Tableau, or similar).
- 2 years of experience managing cross-functional or cross-team projects.
- Experience leading organizational change efforts using data, building tools and solutions to improve organization efficiency.
- Experience with creation of processes to use, access, and report on data effectively.
About the job
A problem isn’t truly solved until it’s solved for all. That’s why Googlers build products that help create opportunities for everyone, whether down the street or across the globe. As a Technical Program Manager at Google, you’ll use your technical expertise to lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish. You’ll work with stakeholders to plan requirements, identify risks, manage project schedules, and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners across the company. You're equally comfortable explaining your team's analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical tradeoffs in product development with engineers.
Our goal is to build a Google that looks like the world around us — and we want Googlers to stay and grow when they join us. As part of our efforts to build a Google for everyone, we build diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work and we aim to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout the company.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $118,000-$172,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Collect, clean, and transform data from a variety of sources.
- Develop and maintain data models, pipelines, and warehouses. Find effective solutions to store, connect, and report/access our data.
- Engage cross-functional stakeholders proactively to develop, drive alignment on, and implement data-driven decision-making tools and applications.
- Work with cross-functional teams to identify and solve data-related problems.
- Monitor data integration nodes across the supply chain and operationalize data and process gaps between systems and tools.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?