Data Center Operations Manager, Technical Infrastructure
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience in Data Center environments.
- Experience in managing technical teams.
- Advanced degree in a technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience working in data center environments, including building and operating large-scale infrastructure, network and compute architecture and lifecycle, and Linux/Unix system administration.
- Experience in managing technical teams, vendor or contract management, and service delivery.
- Experience in initiating and executing strategic initiatives in a global environment.
- Ability to travel as needed.
About the job
Google isn't just a software company. The Hardware Operations team is responsible for monitoring the state-of-the-art physical infrastructure behind Google's powerful search technology. As a Hardware Operations Manager, you will manage a team of Data Center Technicians. You will oversee the quality installation of server hardware and components and take charge of complicated installations/troubleshooting.
Your team will install, configure, test, troubleshoot and maintain hardware (like servers and its components) and server software (like Google's Linux cluster). They will also take on the configuration of more complex components such as networks, routers, hubs, bridges, switches and networking protocols. They may lead small project teams on larger installations and develop project contingency plans.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Oversee the day-to-day management of teams within data center operations.
- Identify and resolve problems, create solutions for our global computing and network architecture.
- Hire, coach, and develop a team while achieving strategic business goals.
- Ensure data center-related priorities are consistent with company objectives.
- Demonstrate the ability to implement and drive the safety culture at the site, while fostering an inclusive, diverse, and collaborative team environment.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?