Business Data Science Manager, Finance
- Bachelor's degree Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, in a quantitative discipline, or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience in a Data Analyst or quantitative role, with 5 years of experience with people management
- Experience with statistical software (e.g., Python, R), database languages (e.g., SQL) and data visualization tool (e.g., Tableau, Looker, Power BI).
- Master's degree or higher in a quantitative discipline (e.g., Statistics, Computer Science, Math, Engineering) or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in data analysis to solve business problems in complex, fast-moving, and ambiguous business environments, with data intuition and business acumen.
- Familiarity with analytics methods/theory (e.g., statistics, Machine Learning, etc.), data programming libraries (e.g., Pandas, Numpy, Scikit-learn, etc.) and ability to identify opportunities to apply these.
- Excellent people leader, coach, and teacher of emerging practices in statistical analysis and advanced analytics.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to translate technical solutions and methodologies to executive leadership.
About the job
The Finance Data and Analytics (DnA) team combines business acumen, technology and innovation to organize data, enable insights, and create data driven and efficient finance organizations in Google.
As a Business Data Science Manager, you will be part of a growing data science team for analysts, scientists, and engineers. You will work on business challenges across multiple business areas (e.g., Ads, YouTube, Search, Play, etc.) through the lens of business generation. You will build and lead a team and collaborate with data scientists, data engineers, and project managers to create end-to-end data products to enable our finance partners to make informed decisions, and manage risks and opportunities.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $172,000-$263,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Build and lead a team to partner with Finance leadership and teams, and translate strategic and operating plans into meaningful direction of projects, goals, priorities, and activities.
- Lead efforts to provide analyses through advanced analytics/statistical methods that tell a narrative focused on business insights and develop reusable and robust analytic frameworks to ensure consistent results across business areas.
- Ensure the team to leverage visualization to summarize the data insights and effectively employ clear and structured communication to tech and non-tech audiences.
- Build alignment for a roadmap and strategy of using Machine Learning with Data Scientist and support Data Scientists on performing additional exploratory data analysis for feature engineering, and analyzing model outputs and relationship with features for model performance improvement.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?