Technical Program Manager, Data Engineering and Analytics
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Sunnyvale, CA, USA; Austell, GA, USA; Kirkland, WA, USA; San Francisco, CA, USA.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Data Science, Analytics, or equivalent practical experience
- 8 years of experience in data exploration, profiling, wrangling, engineering, and analytics using SQL and Python languages
- 8 years of experience in program management
- 5 years of experience architecting and leading data engineering, data warehousing, dimensional modeling, and business intelligence
- Master's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Data Science, Analytics, Mathematics, or a related discipline
- 2 years of experience developing data solutions using GCP BigQuery, Dataflow, Data Fusion, and Publish/Subscribe (Pub/Sub) from heterogeneous data sources (e.g., Oracle, SAP, etc.) or predictive analytics/machine learning
- Experience leading organizational change efforts using data tools and solutions to improve organization efficiency
About the job
Google's projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus. As a Technical Program Manager in the Data Center Data (DC Data) team, you will lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects that support decision making across Google Data Centers (GDC). You will work with stakeholders to architect, execute, and deliver data ingestion, leadership visualizations, insights, data warehouse infrastructure, data models, advanced analytics leveraging ML/AI, and creating an overarching framework for effective decision making using data. You will effectively manage program schedules, highlight risks, and communicate goals. Your projects will often span offices, time zones and hemispheres, and it will be your job to keep all the players coordinated on the project's progress and deadlines.
In this role, you will also use your deep technical and data expertise to establish robust data pipelines, solutions, and frameworks to facilitate trusted data availability across multiple functional domains and systems at Google Data Centers. You will manage a portfolio of programs that help GDC teams successfully operate, while transforming the organization by building and integrating the next wave of data solutions to increase trust in data, insights, recommendations, and data-driven decision-making.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $164,000-$252,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Lead multiple data-solution programs covering data pipelines, visualizations, data alerts, advanced analytics and machine learning methods, translating raw data into strategic insights and recommendations for leadership and business teams.
- Lead the technical delivery, implementation, and business adoption of new scalable and reliable data analytics, and business intelligence solutions for cross-functional teams.
- Design and implement data warehouse infrastructure, data structures, batch and real-time data pipelines, ETLs to source, integrate, and blend data into curated Single Source of Truth datasets from various data sources using Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
- Implement predictive/advanced analytics and machine learning to mine and harness data for delivering strategic insights and recommendations to business stakeholders and decision-makers.
- Manage all aspects of program deliverables from project inception to implementation and resource oversight.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?