Data Center Services Manager, Construction and Delivery
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Eemshaven, Netherlands; Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience managing multi-group/multi-disciplinary projects.
- Experience in people management.
- Experience with project and construction management.
- Master's degree or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or Construction Management.
- Experience with data center equipment/environments, including switchgear, generators, chillers, cooling towers, air handling units, controls, security monitoring systems, fire safety systems.
- Experience managing vendor relationships, and understanding of standard practices in the design/construction industry.
- Experience in requirements gathering, resource organization, task prioritization, scheduling, and achieving objectives on schedule and budget.
- Knowledge of fast-track design builds processes/associated documents and agreements, electrical and mechanical systems.
- Knowledge of start up/commissioning processes.
About the job
As a Data Center Services Manager, you will be involved in all aspects of the development and operation of our data centers. You will partner with our local/regional facility managers, plant engineers, and Design and Construction teams to develop creative and scalable solutions.You will provide leadership and management for the team delivering data centers, computer farms, networking, AC and DC power distribution/conversion, and cooling methods at multiple scales. You will manage complex schedules, budgets, and broad inter-dependencies.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Develop detailed designs, construction, commissioning, close out, and transfer to operations with lowest Total Cost of Ownership (TCO), meeting safety, cost, schedule, quality goals, and all customer needs.
- Establish and maintain delivery models and global relationships with multiple vendors, measuring Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and metrics.
- Create growth plans and be involved in hiring/recruiting of talent. Create scalable training programs to help ensure the success of team members.
- Research and implement construction means and methods of data center equipment and facilities, and carry design concepts into production and integrate into facilities.
- Manage data center construction and delivery organization that has single point of accountability oversight related to construction projects and/or large capital improvement projects in existing facilities, utilizing various resources.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?