Global Strategy and Operations Manager, Marketing
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 6 years of experience in management consulting, corporate strategy/business strategy/strategy and operations/business operations, venture capital/private equity.
- MBA or other advanced degree.
- Experience in coaching or managing team members and organizational design work.
- Ability to work in an ambiguous environment, with an entrepreneurial approach.
- Ability to work across teams, build relationships, and influence executive managers.
- Excellent problem solving, quantitative analysis, business judgment, and written and verbal communication skills.
About the job
Strategy & Operations (S&O) professionals in Google’s Marketing organization provide business critical insights and analytics, ensure cross-functional alignment of goals and execution, and help teams drive strategic partnerships and new initiatives forward. Whether you are embedded within a specific marketing team to use insights to enable better marketing decisions or the global S&O function to equip the organization to succeed at scale, you will engage with Google leadership in order to establish Marketing’s strategic direction. You will manage planning and operational processes and work cross-functionally with key partners across Marketing, Product, Finance and Engineering to solve our toughest challenges, advocate for high-priority projects, and drive greater operational excellence within Marketing.
To be successful in this role, you have a hypothesis-driven approach to problem solving, effective quantitative and communication skills, and the ability to take on broad-reaching and ambiguous questions while working collaboratively and cross-functionally with Googlers of all levels.
In this role, you will work with teams in all Google geographies and collaborate cross-functionally with leaders across Marketing, Product, Finance, and People Operations to solve challenges that arise, drive high-priority projects, and achieve greater operational excellence within Marketing.
Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google's products solve the world's problems--from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can--changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $130,000-$194,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Partner with leadership to set Marketing’s annual strategic plan globally, articulating Marketing’s most critical priorities, and corresponding investment.
- Work across Google products to develop solutions to the organization’s strategic challenges and initiatives.
- Improve Marketing efficiency and effectiveness by applying a rigorous approach to Marketing’s operational processes.
- Evaluate Marketing performance/impact and make data-driven recommendations for how to adjust our approach to reach our ambitious goals.
- Develop executive level deliverables.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?