Security Sales Specialist, Google Cloud
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: San Francisco, CA, USA; Sunnyvale, CA, USA.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 7 years of experience in a sales role in the enterprise software or cloud space.
- 5 years of experience selling to clients in the enterprise cybersecurity or
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Experience carrying and exceeding strategic business goals in a sales role.
- Experience starting a territory from the beginning, understanding the security partner ecosystem.
- Knowledge of product and solution market trends in cybersecurity and cloud.
- Ability to prioritize, plan, and organize sales activity.
- Ability to build continuous relationships with C-level executives across security/IT business units, and ensure customer success and adoption leads to customer expansion.
- Excellent problem-solving, verbal, written communication, presentation, and active listening skills.
About the job
As a Security Sales Specialist, you will help us grow our cybersecurity business by building and expanding relationships with customers. In this role, you will work with customers to deliver true business value, demonstrate product functionality, and provide a comprehensive overview of key business use cases. You will lead day-to-day relationships with external customer stakeholders, leading with empathy, while identifying innovative ways to multiply your impact and the impact of the team as a whole. You'll partner with internal Google Cloud Platform (GCP) Sales teams to grow their security businesses and drive overall value for GCP.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $125,000-$190,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Construct and execute a territory development plan. Recommend Security products in your territory to Security customers to meet or exceed quarterly goals.
- Develop and drive pipeline, to manage cycles leading from generation to customer onboarding.
- Build and maintain relationships to influence long-term strategic direction.
- Partner with Marketing, Customer Engineering, GCP, Customer Success, Channels, Product, and Engineering teams to understand the needs of the customer and provide excellent customer experience.
- Represent Google Cloud Security in regional forecasts, all hands, and team meetings. Serve as stakeholder to regional Google Cloud leads, reporting current, accurate, timely forecasting, and business performance.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.