Sales Analyst, Core Market
Do you want to be part of a high performing sales team?
Do you have a passion for building strong and lasting relationships with customers? Are you a team player who is adept at collaborating across internal and external teams? Is a culture where “People Count,” “We Do the Right Thing,” and “We Hold Ourselves to Very High Standards” important to you? If so, Guardian is seeking a Sales Analyst, Core Market to join its Core Market Group Benefits Sales team.
The Sales Analyst’s primary accountability is to act as the designated Field resource to support Sales Executives and Client Management team in the 25-999 market. They are accountable for following all (SOPs) Standard Operating Procedures for the RFP and New Business/Add Issue submission processes. A successful Sales Analyst must demonstrate strong product / business knowledge, collaboration / communication skills, project management and the ability to perform tasks using technology and systems utilized within Guardian (Outlook, Salesforce, CPS, Excel, Adobe, SharePoint, Access, etc.). The position must balance the needs of the clients with those of the business and respond to customer inquiries with the objective of selling new business, ensuring that client satisfaction, accuracy, competitiveness, and profitability are achieved. Additional major responsibilities include negotiations with Underwriters, effective collaboration with Sales Executives and other team members, and managing the requoting of proposals as needed to help generate sales.
Perform duties associated with Inventory Management, RFP processing, and new business/add issue submissions. Position works closely with Sales Executives, Client Management, Rating, Underwriting, Onboarding, and Producers /Assistants to ensure that information required for releasing a competitive quote and submitting new business is received and processed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Manage RFP Inventory and Quote Process including:
- reviewing RFP data, discerning what has been received and identifying what is needed to underwrite and release a quote,
- Partnering with Rating and Quoting to ensure proposals are on track to meet due dates
- Meeting with team to review inventory status
- Make recommendations regarding benefit / rate options based on analysis of RFP and assessment of customer’s buying triggers through consultative interactions with Sales Executives and customers.
- Engage key internal stakeholders needed to put together a comprehensive proposal strategy (i.e. dental recruitment, BenTech, Worksite, Enrollment)
- Independently, or in collaboration with Sales Executives:
- Meet with Underwriting to negotiate rates, exceptions, and approvals;
- Discuss RFP, plan design options, and multi-line options with Producers and their assistants,
- Build strong relationships with underwriting, brokers, and their staff to ensure that customer needs are met while maintaining profitability and acceptable risk.
- Proactively contact Producers / Assistants to follow up on quotes to gauge competitiveness and/or gather post-mortem data.
- If Guardian is awarded the business, work closely with Sales Executive/Underwriter to finalize sold quote and initiate Onboarding process following SOP.
- Handoff and transition case from sales to Onboarding.
- Provide backup support to colleagues as needed.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert on various Guardian systems and procedures.
- BA or BS degree preferred
- 1-3 years of group insurance experience processing RFP preferred
- Knowledge of group insurance, products, and services
- Knowledge of underwriting principles and practices
- Demonstrated success in servicing customers (Producers / Assistants / Planholders)
- Experience working with and addressing the needs of field sales organization in a highly dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
This position reports to the Team Lead, Sales Analyst, Core Market .
- The primary location for this position is remote, with an “at home” work arrangement.
Salary Range$55,570.00 - $83,350.00
The salary range reflected above is a good faith estimate of base pay for the primary location of the position. The salary for this position ultimately will be determined based on the education, experience, knowledge, and abilities of the successful candidate. In addition to salary, this role may also be eligible for annual, sales, or other incentive compensation.
At Guardian, you’ll have the support and flexibility to achieve your professional and personal goals. Through skill-building, leadership development and philanthropic opportunities, we provide opportunities to build communities and grow your career, surrounded by diverse colleagues with high ethical standards.
As part of Guardian’s Purpose – to inspire well-being – we are committed to offering contemporary, supportive, flexible, and inclusive benefits and resources to our colleagues.
Choice of [high deductible/copay] medical plans* with prescription drugs, including coverage for fertility and transgender inclusive benefits
Health care accounts – flexible spending, health reimbursement, and health savings accounts
Critical illness insurance
Life and Disability Insurance
Company-paid Life and Disability insurance plus voluntary supplemental coverage
Retirement and Financial
401(k) retirement plan with a company match, plus an annual age/service-based Company contribution and an annual profit-sharing contribution, if applicable
Complimentary 1:1 financial guidance with a licensed Fidelity representative
Time Off and Remote Work
Flexible work arrangements (part in-person/part remote)
Unlimited paid time off for most roles plus time off for volunteering, jury duty, voting, and bereavement
Personal holidays for colleagues to use in recognition of religious, cultural, or civic days
Paid parental leave and paid family and medical leave policies
Emotional Well-being and Work-Life
Emotional well-being, mental health, and work/life resources powered by Spring Health
Wellness programs, including fitness program and equipment reimbursement
Child, adult, and elder back-up care support through Bright Horizons
Student loan assistance
Commuter benefits in select metropolitan areas
Justice, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion (J.E.D.I.)
Employee Resource Groups that advocate for inclusion and diversity
J.E.D.I. certification and training programs
Benefits apply to full-time eligible employees. Interns are not eligible for most Company benefits.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Guardian is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.