API Partner Integration Analyst
Are you a problem solver who enjoys diving into data requirements, is excited by difficult modeling challenges and possesses good interpersonal skills to effectively interface between technical and business teams? Is a culture where “We do the right thing,” “We believe people count,” “We courageously shape our future together” and “We go above and beyond for the people we serve” important to you? If so, Guardian is seeking a Data Exchange Analyst II to coordinate implementations of API connections with third party benefit administration companies.
A self-starter who is fueled by collaboration, able to transform conceptual thinking into executable insights who thrives in partnering across the company with software developers and data engineers, and with external benefit administration companies.
- Experience working with API connections (HTTP, REST, Web API, etc.)
- Experience with API Gateway Apigee, setup API proxies, products, policies, Security and Monitoring a plus
- Strong computer skills: MS Excel, Postman
- Working with Benefit Administration platforms is a plus: Plansource, ADP, Hello Flock, Rippling, Paylocity, Employee Navigator
- Strong ability to manipulate data files to create output in various formats: 834, JSON, CSV
- Exhibited flexibility in handling multiple tasks, responding rapidly to changing priorities and working within tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Ability to function in a team environment and build strong working relationships
- Experience working in insurance industry preferred
- College degree preferred
- Assist customers and third-party administrators with the implementation, testing, and support of inbound and outbound API connections.
- Coordinate and develop implementation strategy with third-party administrators for different API connection types (Plan Level, EOI, Member Eligibility)
- Coordinate validation of requirements with third-party administrators
- Create, write, and review test plans and scripts for User Acceptance Testing with third-party administrators
- Support third-party administrators, external customers, and internal processing areas by trouble shooting data and processing issues.
- Act as a liaison between the business community and IT.
- Supply third-party administrators and/or plan holders plan and data specific requirements based upon Guardian’s internal systems and standards.
- Work with third-party administrators to understand their abilities to pass us data and provide solutions to situations/formats outside of Guardian’s standards.
- Respond to internal and external inquiries regarding connection(s)
- Service customers to meet their needs. Involves receiving and returning calls in a timely manner and responding promptly to e-mails from both internal and external customers.
- Handle complex calls requiring research and explanations
- Attend relevant training, job sharing, mentoring and establishing personal networks.
- Maintain procedural guidelines.
- Report system related problems
- Actively participates in team meetings.
- Assists other team members when necessary to meet established deadlines and customer expectations.
·10% Travel required for this position
Salary Range$56,680.00 - $85,015.00
The salary range reflected above is a good faith estimate of base pay for the primary location of the position. The salary for this position ultimately will be determined based on the education, experience, knowledge, and abilities of the successful candidate. In addition to salary, this role may also be eligible for annual, sales, or other incentive compensation.
At Guardian, you’ll have the support and flexibility to achieve your professional and personal goals. Through skill-building, leadership development and philanthropic opportunities, we provide opportunities to build communities and grow your career, surrounded by diverse colleagues with high ethical standards.
As part of Guardian’s Purpose – to inspire well-being – we are committed to offering contemporary, supportive, flexible, and inclusive benefits and resources to our colleagues.
Choice of [high deductible/copay] medical plans* with prescription drugs, including coverage for fertility and transgender inclusive benefits
Health care accounts – flexible spending, health reimbursement, and health savings accounts
Critical illness insurance
Life and Disability Insurance
Company-paid Life and Disability insurance plus voluntary supplemental coverage
Retirement and Financial
401(k) retirement plan with a company match, plus an annual age/service-based Company contribution and an annual profit-sharing contribution, if applicable
Complimentary 1:1 financial guidance with a licensed Fidelity representative
Time Off and Remote Work
Flexible work arrangements (part in-person/part remote)
Unlimited paid time off for most roles plus time off for volunteering, jury duty, voting, and bereavement
Personal holidays for colleagues to use in recognition of religious, cultural, or civic days
Paid parental leave and paid family and medical leave policies
Emotional Well-being and Work-Life
Emotional well-being, mental health, and work/life resources powered by Spring Health
Wellness programs, including fitness program and equipment reimbursement
Child, adult, and elder back-up care support through Bright Horizons
Student loan assistance
Commuter benefits in select metropolitan areas
Justice, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion (J.E.D.I.)
Employee Resource Groups that advocate for inclusion and diversity
J.E.D.I. certification and training programs
Benefits apply to full-time eligible employees. Interns are not eligible for most Company benefits.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Guardian is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Guardian is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. Guardian also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified job applicants (and employees) to accommodate the individual's known limitations related to pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, unless doing so would create an undue hardship. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.