Regional Sales Leader, Northeast
Guardian is seeking a Group Benefits Regional Sales Leader (Northeast) who will be responsible for driving and executing a profitable growth strategy through ongoing sales and retention with brokers. The role will cover groups of 2-2,000 lives with a primary focus down market. The Regional Sales Manager will do this by leading, coaching and developing a high performing team.
The role will work closely with leadership and internal partners to leverage data when delivering on Guardian’s promise to inspire well-being, managing top and bottom-line growth strategies, and identifying opportunities to increase broker value.
Success of this role will be largely dependent on the achievement of financial results, internal and external relationships, and the ability to recruit high potential, early-career talent.
- Develop a sales plan to achieve corporate, financial and market goals to maximize profitability, growth, retention and increased market share
- Be a champion of bringing in new talent and developing their skills and capabilities in order for colleagues to grow their careers at Guardian
- Take a hands on approach, particularly with larger accounts, to coach reps in consultative selling, partnership with Underwriting, finalist presentations, and closing opportunities on new business
- Work collaboratively and create followership with internal cross-functional partners (Underwriting, Client Management, Product, Finance, etc.) to achieve corporate, financial, and market objectives
- Identify, recommend and champion process improvement and organizational initiatives to positively influence outcomes
- Cultivate strong external relationships with top brokers and distribution partners
- Support the general wellbeing of the broker and client relationships for the development and growth of Guardian sales and client retention
- 7+ years of group benefits industry experience; and proven leadership experience within Group Benefits
- An understanding of Distribution, Underwriting, Finance and Pricing, Product Development and Marketing, and Operations, Risk Management and Administration
- Advanced degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Familiarity and/or experience with Group Benefits product line preferred
- Required industry licensing within 90 days of date of hire and maintain license through completing Continuing Education requirements
- Exercise sound judgement and integrity in a changing, matrixed, and fast past environment
- Drives discipline and holds people accountable to achieving results
- Persuasive presentation and communications skills with ability to influence people over whom there is no direct authority
- Enable and support a culture of diversity by fully utilizing the potential of all employees regardless of background or ethnicity and treating all employees, customers, and vendors with dignity and respect
- Exude confidence, positivity, and proactivity
Location and Travel Requirements:
- Bethlehem, PA
- Insert location
The salary range reflected above is a good faith estimate of base pay for the primary location of the position. The salary for this position ultimately will be determined based on the education, experience, knowledge, and abilities of the successful candidate. In addition to salary, this role may also be eligible for annual, sales, or other incentive compensation.
At Guardian, you’ll have the support and flexibility to achieve your professional and personal goals. Through skill-building, leadership development and philanthropic opportunities, we provide opportunities to build communities and grow your career, surrounded by diverse colleagues with high ethical standards.
As part of Guardian’s Purpose – to inspire well-being – we are committed to offering contemporary, supportive, flexible, and inclusive benefits and resources to our colleagues.
Choice of [high deductible/copay] medical plans* with prescription drugs, including coverage for fertility and transgender inclusive benefits
Health care accounts – flexible spending, health reimbursement, and health savings accounts
Critical illness insurance
Life and Disability Insurance
Company-paid Life and Disability insurance plus voluntary supplemental coverage
Retirement and Financial
401(k) retirement plan with a company match, plus an annual age/service-based Company contribution and an annual profit-sharing contribution, if applicable
Complimentary 1:1 financial guidance with a licensed Fidelity representative
Time Off and Remote Work
Flexible work arrangements (part in-person/part remote)
Unlimited paid time off for most roles plus time off for volunteering, jury duty, voting, and bereavement
Personal holidays for colleagues to use in recognition of religious, cultural, or civic days
Paid parental leave and paid family and medical leave policies
Emotional Well-being and Work-Life
Emotional well-being, mental health, and work/life resources powered by Spring Health
Wellness programs, including fitness program and equipment reimbursement
Child, adult, and elder back-up care support through Bright Horizons
Student loan assistance
Commuter benefits in select metropolitan areas
Justice, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion (J.E.D.I.)
Employee Resource Groups that advocate for inclusion and diversity
J.E.D.I. certification and training programs
Benefits apply to full-time eligible employees. Interns are not eligible for most Company benefits.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Guardian is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Guardian is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. Guardian also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified job applicants (and employees) to accommodate the individual's known limitations related to pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, unless doing so would create an undue hardship. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact email@example.com.