Sales Support Team Leader, Central
Do you want to be part of a high performing Group Benefits Field Sales team?
Do you have a passion for building strong and lasting relationships with customers? Are you a team player who is adept at collaborating across internal and external teams? Is a culture where “We Do the Right Thing,” “We Believe People Count,” “We Courageously Shape our Future Together,” and “We Go Above and Beyond for the People We Serve” important values to you? If so, Guardian is seeking a Team Leader, Sales Analyst, Premier Market to join its Group Benefits Sales team.
A proven leader who demonstrates strong product/business knowledge, an ability to assess processes to drive efficiencies, leverage data and analytics to further improve the pipeline management, assess talent and identify areas to further develop, and lead and manage through change.
Report to the Head of Field Sales Support, this role will manage a team of Sales Analyst in our Central region who support our Premier Market Segment (2-2000 lives). You will attract, develop, coach the team; manage the regional inventory work and task volumes ensuring compliance with standard processes and approving exceptions; identifying best practices; create and lead ongoing training efforts and development of the Sales Analysts. This role will work collaboratively with Market leadership, Sales Representatives, home office and broker partners to ensure optimal operating effectiveness and will continually monitor overall results. During peak this role will also step in and assist with customer and broker deliverables when needed.
A strong Team Lead demonstrates strong product/business knowledge, strong understanding of what products and factors are included/influence a quote, ability to coach the sales support analysts with negotiation, technology, process, and overall day to day functions.
- Management of regional inventory
- Lead and ensure we are maximizing the best use of our resources based on our overall strategy
- Back up planning and managing time off requests
- Training and coaching responsibilities
- Identify best practices and tools
- Drive consistency across Markets
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders in Sales, Client Management and Home office partners
- Identify efficiency opportunities & provide regular operational readiness updates
- Report out regarding production activity
- Active engagement in Markets, virtually and in person, including leadership meetings/planning and sales meetings
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in the Group Benefits industry
- Prior leadership experience is preferred, however not required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Understanding of what drives a valued customer experience
- Knowledge of underwriting principles and practices, the marketplace and broker demands
- Ability to proactively manage the process and inventory with sense of urgency
- Ability to work collaboratively with leaders across the regional group sales locations and cross-functional (home office) teams to drive consistency
- Ability to embrace change and adapt to changing business priorities and environments and experience in leading change
Location & Travel Requirements
- Primary location: Chicago
- Travel: 10% of time
- Meaningful and challenging work opportunities to accelerate innovation in a secure and compliant way.
- Competitive compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, supplemental health, life and vision coverage for you and your dependents with no wait period.
- Life and disability insurance
- A great 401(k) with company match
- Tuition assistance, paid parental leave, and backup family care.
- Dynamic, modern work environments that promote collaboration and creativity to develop and empower talent.
- Flexible time off, dress code, and work location policies to balance your work and life in the ways that suit you best.
- Employee Resource Groups that advocate for inclusion and diversity in all that we do.
- Social responsibility in all aspects of our work. We volunteer within our local communities, create educational alliances with colleges, drive a variety of initiatives in sustainability.
Salary Range$72,740.00 - $119,510.00
The salary range reflected above is a good faith estimate of base pay for the primary location of the position. The salary for this position ultimately will be determined based on the education, experience, knowledge, and abilities of the successful candidate. In addition to salary, this role may also be eligible for annual, sales, or other incentive compensation.
At Guardian, you’ll have the support and flexibility to achieve your professional and personal goals. Through skill-building, leadership development and philanthropic opportunities, we provide opportunities to build communities and grow your career, surrounded by diverse colleagues with high ethical standards.
As part of Guardian’s Purpose – to inspire well-being – we are committed to offering contemporary, supportive, flexible, and inclusive benefits and resources to our colleagues.
Choice of [high deductible/copay] medical plans* with prescription drugs, including coverage for fertility and transgender inclusive benefits
Health care accounts – flexible spending, health reimbursement, and health savings accounts
Critical illness insurance
Life and Disability Insurance
Company-paid Life and Disability insurance plus voluntary supplemental coverage
Retirement and Financial
401(k) retirement plan with a company match, plus an annual age/service-based Company contribution and an annual profit-sharing contribution, if applicable
Complimentary 1:1 financial guidance with a licensed Fidelity representative
Time Off and Remote Work
Flexible work arrangements (part in-person/part remote)
Unlimited paid time off for most roles plus time off for volunteering, jury duty, voting, and bereavement
Personal holidays for colleagues to use in recognition of religious, cultural, or civic days
Paid parental leave and paid family and medical leave policies
Emotional Well-being and Work-Life
Emotional well-being, mental health, and work/life resources powered by Spring Health
Wellness programs, including fitness program and equipment reimbursement
Child, adult, and elder back-up care support through Bright Horizons
Student loan assistance
Commuter benefits in select metropolitan areas
Justice, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion (J.E.D.I.)
Employee Resource Groups that advocate for inclusion and diversity
J.E.D.I. certification and training programs
Benefits apply to full-time eligible employees. Interns are not eligible for most Company benefits.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Guardian is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Guardian is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. Guardian also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified job applicants (and employees) to accommodate the individual's known limitations related to pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, unless doing so would create an undue hardship. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.