Senior Manager, Communications
Are you an experienced and creative communications professional looking for an opportunity to bring your talents and expertise to the next level? If yes, come join Guardian’s Enterprise Communications team as Senior Manager, Communications!
We have a passion for leveraging emerging technology to develop communications campaigns that excite, inspire, and engage our colleagues as we promote Guardian’s Purpose, Values, and business strategy as Champions of Well Being.
- An excellent communicator — written and verbal
- Experienced at developing communications plans that connect colleagues to the enterprise strategy, support culture and business initiatives, and foster colleague engagement.
- A strong collaborator with experience influencing and engaging with senior leaders and business partners across different teams to ensure successful outcomes.
- An innovator – someone who is creative and passionate about leveraging emerging technology to develop new solutions to communication challenges
- Extremely organized and focused on timely and accurate execution of project deliverables
- Receptive to feedback and focused on continuous learning and growing as a communicator
- Always willing to lend a hand, with a team-first mentality
- Oversee the development of communications strategy, plan, program management and execution as a Communications Business Partner for Enterprise Strategy
- Develop content to support execution of plans content (emails, intranet articles, infographics, social media posts, scripts, town hall messaging, video etc.) to support ongoing communications campaigns and events at Guardian
- Share content across multiple channels as part of omni-channel approach.
- Assist in activating enterprise-driven colleague engagement strategies, supporting leaders in our corporate functions, working with HR business partners, chiefs of staff/operations leads and executive assistants.
- Develop site-specific communications to promote community or office-based activities
- Work cross-functionally to ensure all necessary partners have provided input on materials/projects
- Exhibit Guardian’s Values in how we act and treat others
- Work as an Individual Contributor with the opportunity to grow and advance
- Minimum of 5-7 years of communications experience, preferably in the Insurance/Financial Services industry or other highly regulated industry; internal communications experience desired
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Successful track record for executing internal communications campaigns
- Strong project management and organizational skills, and the ability to thrive in an environment where you juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Bachelor’s Degree
You will report to our Head of Internal Communications
Location and other requirements
- Hybrid with 3 days in office in our New York NY, Boston or Holmdel NJ location
- Up to 20% travel within US.
Salary Range$126,970.00 - $208,600.00
The salary range reflected above is a good faith estimate of base pay for the primary location of the position. The salary for this position ultimately will be determined based on the education, experience, knowledge, and abilities of the successful candidate. In addition to salary, this role may also be eligible for annual, sales, or other incentive compensation.
At Guardian, you’ll have the support and flexibility to achieve your professional and personal goals. Through skill-building, leadership development and philanthropic opportunities, we provide opportunities to build communities and grow your career, surrounded by diverse colleagues with high ethical standards.
As part of Guardian’s Purpose – to inspire well-being – we are committed to offering contemporary, supportive, flexible, and inclusive benefits and resources to our colleagues.
Choice of [high deductible/copay] medical plans* with prescription drugs, including coverage for fertility and transgender inclusive benefits
Health care accounts – flexible spending, health reimbursement, and health savings accounts
Critical illness insurance
Life and Disability Insurance
Company-paid Life and Disability insurance plus voluntary supplemental coverage
Retirement and Financial
401(k) retirement plan with a company match, plus an annual age/service-based Company contribution and an annual profit-sharing contribution, if applicable
Complimentary 1:1 financial guidance with a licensed Fidelity representative
Time Off and Remote Work
Flexible work arrangements (part in-person/part remote)
Unlimited paid time off for most roles plus time off for volunteering, jury duty, voting, and bereavement
Personal holidays for colleagues to use in recognition of religious, cultural, or civic days
Paid parental leave and paid family and medical leave policies
Emotional Well-being and Work-Life
Emotional well-being, mental health, and work/life resources powered by Spring Health
Wellness programs, including fitness program and equipment reimbursement
Child, adult, and elder back-up care support through Bright Horizons
Student loan assistance
Commuter benefits in select metropolitan areas
Justice, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion (J.E.D.I.)
Employee Resource Groups that advocate for inclusion and diversity
J.E.D.I. certification and training programs
Benefits apply to full-time eligible employees. Interns are not eligible for most Company benefits.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Guardian is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Guardian is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. Guardian also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified job applicants (and employees) to accommodate the individual's known limitations related to pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, unless doing so would create an undue hardship. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.