Risk Underwriting QA Analyst
The Risk Underwriter Quality Assurance Analyst is primarily responsible for executing quality programs that support operational risk-based auditing and customer experience service programs. The Quality Assurance Analyst will conduct audits of overall underwriting Risk Underwriting process/management, targeted Underwriting processes, client-specific Underwriting performance, and training performance. The Quality Assurance Analyst will work with internal business partners to provide trend/data analysis and identify recommendations for optimizations and enhancements that assist in meeting customer demands/expectations and driving continuous improvement.
This position will support multiple products, including but not necessarily limited to: Life, Voluntary Life, Short Term Disability (STD), Long Term Disability (LTD), Dental, Vision, Absence Management, Supplemental Health, and Mental Wellness Products.
A driven risk underwriter professional with a high degree of knowledge and experience supporting Group Underwriting products, experience with audit/review processes, and the ability to collaborate with internal business partners to support goals and objectives, lead change and implement new ideas.
• College degree and Insurance industry experience preferred.
• 2+ years in Risk Underwriter experience – preference for multiple products, including but not necessarily limited to: Life, STD, LTD, Dental, Vision, and Supplemental Health
• Experience in audit/review processes preferred
• Experience in Rating processes desired
• Strong decision-making skills, including critical thinking and problem solving
• Strong communication and coaching skills with attention to detail
• Proficiency in Rating platforms including CPS, Salesforce, Simon, BTR, AuditWell, Tableau, a plus
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel
• Conduct and deliver audits of business process to monitor adherence to all Guardian policies and procedures
• Assist with program development and redesigns based on changing business needs, new product offerings, and other updates
• Support business compliance and risk initiatives
• Partner with internal resources to provide trend/data analysis, identify recommendations for improvements and training opportunities, and assist with system enhancements/requirements
• Understand current industry trends and best practices as it relates to underwriting rating processes
As an Underwriting Rating Quality Assurance Analyst, you will report to our Manager, Underwriting Quality Assurance & Compliance Team, who reports to our Leader of Underwriting Operations.
• The primary location for this position is flexible, with an “work at home” arrangement. Travel to Guardian offices when needed as determined by the People Leader.
<10% travel required for this role.
Salary Range$56,680.00 - $85,015.00
The salary range reflected above is a good faith estimate of base pay for the primary location of the position. The salary for this position ultimately will be determined based on the education, experience, knowledge, and abilities of the successful candidate. In addition to salary, this role may also be eligible for annual, sales, or other incentive compensation.
At Guardian, you’ll have the support and flexibility to achieve your professional and personal goals. Through skill-building, leadership development and philanthropic opportunities, we provide opportunities to build communities and grow your career, surrounded by diverse colleagues with high ethical standards.
As part of Guardian’s Purpose – to inspire well-being – we are committed to offering contemporary, supportive, flexible, and inclusive benefits and resources to our colleagues.
Choice of [high deductible/copay] medical plans* with prescription drugs, including coverage for fertility and transgender inclusive benefits
Health care accounts – flexible spending, health reimbursement, and health savings accounts
Critical illness insurance
Life and Disability Insurance
Company-paid Life and Disability insurance plus voluntary supplemental coverage
Retirement and Financial
401(k) retirement plan with a company match, plus an annual age/service-based Company contribution and an annual profit-sharing contribution, if applicable
Complimentary 1:1 financial guidance with a licensed Fidelity representative
Time Off and Remote Work
Flexible work arrangements (part in-person/part remote)
Unlimited paid time off for most roles plus time off for volunteering, jury duty, voting, and bereavement
Personal holidays for colleagues to use in recognition of religious, cultural, or civic days
Paid parental leave and paid family and medical leave policies
Emotional Well-being and Work-Life
Emotional well-being, mental health, and work/life resources powered by Spring Health
Wellness programs, including fitness program and equipment reimbursement
Child, adult, and elder back-up care support through Bright Horizons
Student loan assistance
Commuter benefits in select metropolitan areas
Justice, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion (J.E.D.I.)
Employee Resource Groups that advocate for inclusion and diversity
J.E.D.I. certification and training programs
Benefits apply to full-time eligible employees. Interns are not eligible for most Company benefits.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Guardian is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Guardian is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. Guardian also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified job applicants (and employees) to accommodate the individual's known limitations related to pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, unless doing so would create an undue hardship. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.