Digital Media Data Analyst
Gupta Media was founded 20 years ago on the idea that advertising could create huge leverage in our client's business. Our early work was focused on the entertainment industry, specifically live events (Boston Calling, among others) and recorded music (Sony Music, Universal Music & Disney are all clients). More recently, we have dramatically grown our work with big brands (Amazon, Fender) and cult/challenger brands (Island Creek Oysters, Walden Local). We have a global client base with a growing local roster.
We are on the hunt for a talented Data Analyst to join our Strategy & Analytics team to assist with reporting, tracking, data analysis, advertising strategy, and visualization needs. In this role, you will work internally to assist paid media analysts with reporting requests as well as externally to provide clients with insights regarding their advertising campaigns.
If you are excited by the opportunity to improve reporting for our clients and our analysts, are able to communicate effectively to understand what tools will help solve a problem, and then work collaboratively to design a solution that’s scalable, accurate and easy-to-use, we want to talk to you.
Who You Are:
- You have an absolute love for data. You have no problem tearing apart a problem, and living inside a spreadsheet/data set to find the answer to any question.
- Because you love data, you have advanced knowledge of SQL, Excel, Google Data Studio/Data Visualization and enjoy working with SQL on a day-to-day basis. Experience with Marketing APIs, Big Query or other Cloud Data Warehouse tools (AWS, Snowflake, Databricks, etc.), ETL Tools (Rivery, Looker, Supermetrics) and/or Python are all pluses.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and have spent a minimum of 1 year working with marketing data and/or paid advertising campaigns, preferably in a fast-paced agency environment or team structure.
What You’ll Do:
- Reporting: With your expertise in Advanced Excel, SQL,Google Data Studio/Visualization Tools, you’ll be maintaining customized dashboards in Google Sheets and Excel on a daily/weekly cadence, generating pivot tables and other visualizations that summarize thousands of lines of data. You should have experience in translating performance media metrics into coherent, digestible reports for client ad campaigns and be comfortable communicating via Google Slides or PowerPoint decks.
- Strategy: You’ll be responsible for learning our clients’ businesses and aligning their media strategy with business goals as well as understanding advertising trends within a single project and across multiple projects to help guide media buying strategy. With a background in paid media and/or digital advertising, you understand concepts like LTV, ROAS and Incremental Revenue and are able to be engaged in discussions with clients to gain trust and shareholder buy-in on media strategy and results.
At Gupta Media, we work hard every day to be better at all that we do — and that includes fostering a diverse and inclusive community that encourages and respects a broad range of backgrounds, experiences and ideas. Join us and help us find the next great idea.
Gupta Media is an office-first (with flexibility) organization and we are excited to have our team working together again