Digital Media Coordinator
Gupta Media is looking for a Digital Media Coordinator to join our Media team. If you’re all fired up after reading the description below and you think you have what it takes, we would love to hear from you.
Gupta Media was founded 20 years ago on the idea that advertising could create huge leverage in our client's business. Our early work was focused on the entertainment industry, specifically live events (Boston Calling, among others) and recorded music (Sony Music, Universal Music & Disney are all clients). More recently, we have dramatically grown our work with big brands (Amazon, Fender) and cult/challenger brands (Island Creek Oysters, Walden Local). We have a global client base with a growing local roster.
We pride ourselves on being innovative, competitive and disruptive in the digital space. We’ve built tools and developed strategies to make digital marketing better. We work closely with vendors to make sure that their products align with the goals of our clients. As a Coordinator on our Media team, you will be expected to excel in the following areas:
We’ll teach you everything we know during our four-week media training program led by our very own experts. From how to build campaigns on platforms like Google AdWords, Facebook, and TikTok, to strategic targeting methods designed to reach the right people at the right time across all platforms. You’ll A/B test ad copy in Page Post Ads. You’ll know when to use CPM, CPC, CPV and CPA bidding.
The truth is, a lot of that stuff up there is going to be automated some day. When cars are driving themselves around, machines will be setting your CPC bids as well. To prepare for the robot uprising, Coordinators and Analysts will arm themselves with the ability to interpret data and communicate value to our clients. Which brings us to...
Data powers everything that we do. You should know your way around Excel and Google Sheets. You should know what a pivot table is. Familiarity with Google Analytics will serve you well. Do you belong to multiple fantasy sports leagues? Do you get your political coverage from FiveThirtyEight? Have you created a spreadsheet to try and predict the winner of The Bachelor? If so, you’ll probably love it here.
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor’s degree or higher - Marketing, Advertising, Business, Economics. If your studies have prepared you well for the responsibilities listed above, you should apply.
- Minimum GPA of 3.3 or higher
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel / Google Sheets - Know the basic functions, understand advanced formulas. You will be using this every day.
- Leadership experience - Were you a captain on your sports team? Yearbook editor? The reason your group got an A on your final project? Be prepared to talk to us about it.
- Ability to work both in group setting and independently - We are an agency. We are an intense and fast-paced environment, where rush requests and last-minute updates are the norm. You will receive intensive training and guidance from your managers, but also be expected to work independently when the situation calls for it.
- Ability to handle many different tasks at once - See above.
- A high level of enthusiasm and professionalism - We are a passionate group, and we feed off each other’s intensity. We keep things fun, but we know when to be serious and get things done.
- Curiosity - You should feel unsatisfied when you don’t know how something works. If you are driven by a desire to learn more and you’re not afraid of breaking things to try and make them better, you will fit right in.
At Gupta Media, we work hard every day to be better at all that we do — and that includes fostering a diverse and inclusive community that encourages and respects a broad range of backgrounds, experiences and ideas. Join us and help us find the next great idea.
Gupta Media is an office-first (with flexibility) organization and we are excited to have our team working together again.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the US for at least 2 years.