Director, Intelligence Strategy
Havas Media Group
Agency :Havas Media New York
Job Description Summary :Within Havas Media, Insights & Data Strategy, Directors work with senior members of the Insights & Data Strategy team as well as with client account teams to develop in-depth category, competitive, and consumer knowledge for clients in order to help solve their business needs. In addition to providing meaningful insights to our clients – this person works to bridge the gap between insights, strategy, and planning and work to add value throughout the planning process. Associate Directors/Directors are involved in the day-to-day management of client accounts and new business pitch projects. This role would report directly to a Insights & Data Strategy VP/SVP, and includes management of junior members of the Insights & Data Strategy team (Supervisors).
Job Description :
Havas Media Group North America, the Media Experience agency, is looking for an Director to join the Intelligence Strategy Team, part of our global community of 10,000 team members who are focused on using Meaningful Media to make a meaningful difference to brands, businesses, and people.
Within Havas Media, this role works with senior members of the team as well as with client account teams to develop in-depth category, competitive, and consumer knowledge for clients in order to help solve their business needs. In addition to providing meaningful insights to our clients – this person works to bridge the gap between insights, strategy, and planning and work to add value throughout the planning process. Associate Directors are involved in the day-to-day management of client accounts and new business pitch projects.
A DAY IN THE LIFE MIGHT LOOK LIKE:
- As part of the planning process, provide insights to help better understand trends in the category, the competitive landscape, target groups, and the brand ecosystem.
- Partners seamlessly with strategists, planners, and new business pitch leads to ensure data and research resources and insights are effectively deployed across client business and for prospect pitches.
- Keep abreast of new advances in applicable markets, across our client industries, and within consumer segments.
- Contribute to the development and publication of thought leadership pieces that provide internal and external clients with a POV on the media landscape.
- Support VP/SVP’s with client team facing projects and needs.
- Assist in the management of Supervisors and other junior team members to develop analysis expertise, as well as career management.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED/SKILLS:
- 6-8 years of professional experience, preferably with an Agency.
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work communicate and collaborate with others.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities.
- Prior work experience in a similar or related field.
- Skilled with MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access).
- Experience in leveraging the following tools and data sources: MRI, Simmons, IPSOS, MARS, Scarborough, T*Views, Kantar StrADegy, SimilatWeb, NetBase (or other social listening platform), nPower, ComScore, Mintel, Forrester, eMarketer, TrendWatching, IconoCulture, WARC, eMarketer, and 3rd Party Research.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Self-motivated, with the ability to multi-task and work well under tight deadlines
- Naturally inquisitive, with a strong research capability
- Strong Communicator
- Highly organized, business savvy, leadership
- Detail-oriented with exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Knowledgeable in your role well enough to work independently and demonstrate initiative
- Active participant in meetings and day-to-day interactions with an increasing level of contribution as the experience builds
ABOUT HAVAS MEDIA GROUP NORTH AMERICA:
Havas Media Group North America is the Media Experience agency. We deliver this brand promise through our proprietary Mx System, where meaningful media helps build more meaningful brands. Our focus is on understanding the most Meaningful Media – the media channels, moments and brands that really move consumers to action, the media that is trusted, engaging, and influential will have the best chance of helping an advertiser reach an engaged audience.
Our global mission to make a meaningful difference starts at home—because we can’t grow if our people can’t grow. It’s this simple but oftentimes overlooked insight that guides everything we do, from the decisions and investments made in our work for clients, to the inclusive programs across agencies that prioritize our people’s needs and the needs of our community. Our Values are the basis of our decision-making at Havas—from the clients we seek to the talent we attract, to what we reward and recognize in our staff, to how we reinforce these values of Taking the Lead, Having a Voice, and Showing We Care on a daily basis.
We are part of Havas Group, owned by Vivendi, one of the world's largest integrated content, media, and communications groups. Globally, we are home to more than 10,000 specialists across 150 countries worldwide, with 69 Villages. Our North American clients include Puma, Titleist, Swarovski, Fidelity Investments, Keurig Dr. Pepper, Dolce & Gabbana, Sanofi and many others. Our most important asset however is our talent. We hope you agree!
- Strategic thinker
- Creative thinker
- Office software
Contract Type :Permanent
Here at Havas across the group we pride ourselves on being committed to offering equal opportunities to all potential employees and have zero tolerance for discrimination. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applicants irrespective of age, sex, race, ethnicity, disability and other factors that have no bearing on an individual’s ability to perform their job.
Due to high volume of applications, only eligible or matching candidates will be contacted by us.