Business Project Manager - Institutional Solutions
Business Project Manager - Institutional SolutionsSpringfield, Massachusetts Project Management Job ID R14076
The Institutional Solutions Business Project Management Office is seeking an experienced and detail-oriented Business Project Manager to support the Institutional Solutions markets: COLI/BOLI, Pension Risk Transfer, Funding Agreements and Stable Value. The Project Manger will partner closely with business and technology partners to support the overall execution and success of initiatives, with a specialized focus on business needs and change readiness. You will need the ability to work cross-functionally to build relationships, solve complex problems, and collaborate with teams to align on common goals. You will act as primary point of accountability to leadership for the overall project planning, day-to-day execution, implementation and reporting on initiatives.
This is an opportunity to join a team of Business Project Managers supporting the Institutional Solutions business. We have a unique and engaged culture built on a “one team” mindset, whether that be business, technology or other areas of MassMutual. Success in this business area is based on collaboration, engagement, mutual respect and commitment to both internal and external partners. The key MassMutual competencies that define the team are accountability, agility, communication, inclusion and resilience. We work in support of the Institutional Solutions Leadership team and their teams to consistently deliver and enhance business value.
Institutional Solutions is a business line within MassMutual that continues to build its earnings and reputation within the Marketplace. Institutions trust us to make their businesses stronger, therefore, we are constantly watching market conditions to ensure our solutions meet their needs. Our project portfolio reflects these needs and our project culture fosters that of one that can pivot and re-prioritize based on market conditions.
In addition to the desired MassMutual Competencies, your responsibilities will be as follows:
- Overall accountability and ability to deliver on multiple small to medium sized technology and/or business projects
- Overall Project Management for initiatives responsible for end to end, including but not limited to the management of resources, costs, scope, and timeline of the initiatives
- Specialized focus on the the overall business readiness and change management of the initiatives. (People, Process, Technology)
- Collaborate and partner with other cross functional areas to deliver business value
- Facilitate project meetings and serve as a conduit between business and technical teams
- Identify, understand, and work to mitigate issues and risks proactively with the project team, business partners, and leadership
- Develop and maintain project artifacts in a well-documented and organized fashion
- Accountable for ongoing status and reporting to all levels of leadership
- Motivate and influence teams to work together and navigate ambiguity
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement, promoting best practices in our overall project management governance model
- Foster a one team culture on behalf of the Institutional Solution businesses
The Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of project management experience
- 2+ years of experience managing cross-functional teams across multiple workstreams
The Ideal Qualifications
- Experience with project management tools
- PMP or related project management certification
- Excellent communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills, with the ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
What to Expect as Part of MassMutual and the Team
- Regular meetings with the Institutional Solutions Leadership Team
- Focused one-on-one meetings with your manager
- Access to mentorship opportunities
- Networking opportunities including access to Asian, Hispanic/Latinx, African American, women, LGBTQ, veteran and disability-focused Business Resource Groups
- Access to learning content on Degreed and other informational platforms
- Your ethics and integrity will be valued by a company with a strong and stable ethical business with industry leading pay and benefits
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us and share the specifics of the assistance you need.