Strategic Knowledge & Project Manager
Strategic Knowledge & Project ManagerSpringfield, Massachusetts Finance & Accounting Job ID R14397
As the pace of change continues to accelerate externally and internally, MassMutual’s Enterprise Technology & Experience (ETX) organization has greater needs to ensure a commonly understood and shared knowledge base of MassMutual’s and ETX’s strategy, priorities, and roadmap, and the supporting technology, data, and cyber principles and practices. As part of ETX’s Strategy & Governance team, your efforts will focus on building a culture of knowledge sharing and transparency through the design, implementation, and continuous improvement of the knowledge base and knowledge sharing framework for ETX. In addition, this role will also serve as the Project Manager, supporting the development and execution of the roadmap, to integrate and align our ETX processes and systems across the Home Office, MassMutual Romania, and MassMutual India helping us drive operational excellence and deliver on our objectives.
Reporting to the Head of ETX Strategic Initiatives – this is a newly formed team on the Strategy & Governance Team, to support ETX in achieving their strategic goals.
- Collaborating with subject matter experts to design, develop, and manage programs related to knowledge management
- Deploying training, communications, and awareness programs related to knowledge management
- Maintaining the knowledge management system or platform
- Conducting evaluation strategies to gauge knowledge program effectiveness and return on investment. This can include metrics collection, analysis, and reporting
- Developing and managing an ETX onboarding program, including development of materials
- Overseeing and curating an inventory of ETX training requirements, including some development of ETX-specific training materials
- Generating a culture of information sharing and continuous improvement through curation of a knowledge sharing resource center, including ETX reports, delivery practices, and governance practices
- Determine and define project scope and objectives
- Plan, monitor, and document milestones throughout a project including detailed project schedule and timeline
- Managing all resources necessary for project execution
- Provide project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders about strategy, adjustments, and progress
The Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree and with Master’s degree preferred
- 6 years of proven knowledge sharing program development, with a strong track record of successful delivery and complex problem solving
- 4+ years direct experience developing and implementing knowledge management (content management) strategies
The Ideal Qualifications
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices
- Able to see the “big picture” and prioritize the most valuable insights and build a compelling narrative
- Ability to independently lead highly complex projects, research and manage program enhancements, and look for ways to make continuous improvements and provide proactive consultation
- Familiarity with data analytics techniques, dashboard creation, and experience with statistical analysis; proficiency with reporting tools such as MicroStrategy and Tableau
- A strong collaborator who consistently demonstrates a focus on and ability to work as a team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; proven ability to articulate progress, raise concerns, and document actions required in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to build knowledge sharing programs for ETX
- Structured and logical thinker. Proactive in behavior, operates with an "at cause" mindset, with a sense of urgency to deliver results
- Extensive experience developing project plans and roadmaps for highly complex projects/initiatives crossing multiple functions / teams with demonstrated ability to deliver on time, scope and budget.
- Ability to influence, motivate and engage, with no direct reporting authority
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us and share the specifics of the assistance you need.