Project Manager, Underwriting Risk and Governance
Project Manager, Underwriting Risk and GovernanceRemote - US Project Management Job ID R14412
Why this opportunity -
The Project Manager – Underwriting Risk and Governance will be responsible for handling complex long-term project involving multiple disciplines and/or business units. You will assist with the creation and management of both existing and new underwriting programs.
Meet the team -
It’s an exciting time to be at MassMutual! You’ll work cross functionally with various teams (product, actuarial, corporate risk, marketing, etc.) toward program initiation and enhancements to existing programs.
Job Description -
This is a "hands on" role that is highly visible. You'll use your program / project management skills to assess the impact of new program opportunities (pricing, mortality impacts, program use and effectiveness). Ensure that KPI's are captured and appropriate action is taken to ensure effectiveness and success of the program suite. You'll identify and standardize reporting optimization opportunities as it relates to programs. A successful candidate will be self-motivated and have excellent communication skills
- Minimum Qualifications:
- 5+ years of related program management/project management experience
- Insurance/Financial Services experience
- 2+ years Life Underwriting experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or a high school degree with equivalent work experience
- Ideal Qualifications:
- Project management certifications are preferred but not required
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and delegate them when appropriate
- Thorough understanding or the ability to quickly learn about the project or program being developed
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Self starter with the ability to succeed with minimal supervision
- Collaborative, team player
- Build and execute project plans to deliver outcomes in a timely and organized manner
- Ensure stakeholder satisfaction and drive simplification to manual processes that exist as a result of existing programs and consider stakeholder efforts during the development of new programs.
- Analyze trends and identify problem solving opportunities.
- Drives continuous improvement and efficiencies.
- Advances the interest of the company by serving on teams that are external to the organization where appropriate
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us and share the specifics of the assistance you need.