Life Platform Technology Sales Illustrations Director
Life Platform Technology Sales Illustrations DirectorSpringfield, Massachusetts Technology Job ID R14483
MassMutual’s ETX Product & Platform Technology organization is looking for a highly motivated and experienced Senior Operational Director to join a new and growing organization. In this role you will, direct, manage, plan delivery of work programs supporting enhancements and BAU production for platforms and systems. May lead one or multiple work cells to deliver business outcomes (strategic, operational and BAU), with accountability for both the delivery and functioning of the work cells. Develop technology and project objectives for a department or functional area; participates as member of the management team that develops strategies for the larger organization. Contribute to the development of financial and resource planning needed to achieve department business objectives. Manage available resources at the single or multidepartment level. Mentor and/or direct less experienced managers. Coordinate technical studies and evaluations of business area needs and technological alternatives with other systems management and business area managers. Select, manage, develop, coach, and motivate staff members. Coordinate planning, implementation and documentation activities with client area (s.), staff, and other technical management. Consult with client management in the analysis of short and long-range business requirements and recommends innovations that anticipate the future impact of changing business requirements.
The ideal candidate must possess excellent communication skills and is a proven leader with success championing multiple project management methodologies including the core concepts and practices of Agile and Waterfall. This individual is facile in all facets of project delivery methodologies including team organization, project risk assessment, implementation, and reporting. It is critical to this role the individual can develop technology strategies and roadmaps aligned with business objectives to clearly understood business problems and identified benefits. This individual must also be willing to deeply collaborate with our MMUS product development and operations business customers and other valuable business and technology stakeholders. This individual will be responsible for managing the demand/capacity for the team, working closely with the portfolio management team. This individual must demonstrate they can develop high performing project teams by setting a positive tone and leading by example. This person can perform the role of being a coach and a mentor as well as can provide career guidance for all team members and build domain expertise within the team. Also, a demonstrated ability to identify delivery efficiencies, technology improvement opportunities, cost efficiency opportunities and ways to improve customer’s experience is a must.
It is essential that you like working with people, they like working with you, and you can communicate clearly and effectively with both our technical and business stakeholders.
- Manage workcells responsible for delivery of BAU enhancements to policy administration, illustrations systems, etc.
- Maintain feature roadmaps aligned to business priorities and needs while enabling technological progress to drive improved user experience, reduced expenses, and reduced risk
- Be a trusted partner to a business stakeholder(s) aligned to a specific product line
- Support development of and participate in standard governance forums, working groups, COEs/guilds to enable consistency in process and innovation
- Leads team in alignment to business strategy, roadmap, and platform governance policies
- Articulates vision and business value and impact of the work to the team, key partners, and stakeholders
- Adopts governance and standards to consistently drive results with deliverables across Product and Platform Technology
- Clearly articulates roles and expectations to the team
- Builds alignment and actively partners and stakeholders with the team and across the enterprise
- Displays technical leadership and oversight of implementation and deployment planning, system integration, quality assurance, delivery, operations, and sustainability of technical solutions
- Provides process improvement recommendations based on best practices and industry standards
- Establishes and ensures adherence to a department budget, providing project-level budget forecasts and manage in accordance with the established budget
- Ensure that MassMutual is keeping current with industry direction and competing solutions. Research emerging technologies and maintain acute awareness of current platform roadmaps to assist with developing strategic plans.
- Assist with prioritization of incoming demand and strategic execution, as well as building compelling business cases for future efforts.
- Demonstrates leadership and the ability to build a high performing team by operating inclusively and motivating their team around their vision to drive results
The Minimum Qualifications
- 8+ years work experience in Information Technology, Product Development or related field
- 3+ years of management experience and creating an engaging work environment
- Bachelor’s degree
The Ideal Qualifications
- Proven track record of leading and delivering medium to large scale programs and projects
- Excellent presentation, influencing and reasoning skills including the ability to interface across all levels of the organization and communicate in a way that reinforces the value and impact of the work
- Experience managing business engagements, starting with building strong relationships with the various business leads and balancing a wide variety of competing and sometimes conflicting priorities.
- Proven ability to promote ideas and proposals persuasively, shape stakeholders’ opinions, project a positive image, work through conflicts and negotiate win/win solutions.
- Experience acting as an advisor and partner in the development and definition of business strategies.
- Experience with multiple delivery models including waterfall, agile, Kanban, etc.
- Familiarity with data and analytics processes including ETL, data governance, reporting, and data science
- Experience working with technology vendors and managing supplier relationships
- Experience with policy administration platforms at all stages of application and product development lifecycles
#LI-SC1MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us and share the specifics of the assistance you need.