Business Analyst Consultant
Business Analyst ConsultantSpringfield, Massachusetts Business Analysis Job ID R14785
Business Analyst Consultant (Advanced), Enterprise & ETX Analytics, Enterprise Technology and Experience (ETX)
As an Advanced Business Analyst Consultant, you will work in a fast paced, innovative, and collaborative environment on exciting technology initiatives. Our ideal candidate is a collaborative team member skilled in business analysis, written and verbal communication, and agile project management. You’re also committed to data integrity, standards, and governance, comfortable working in an agile environment executing on multiple projects at once. You’ll use your skills to elicit and document business requirements, work directly with technical team members to translate business requirements into technical specifications, manage stakeholder relationships, and support project management activities and agile ceremonies. Additionally, you will act as a mentor to junior team members and coach them on best practices and analytics standards.
The ETX & Enterprise Analytics Team consists of data and analytics professionals that are committed to delivering high-quality data analytics solutions to business groups across MassMutual. The work you’ll do will enable MassMutual Executive and Senior leaders to make data-driven decisions through strategic end-to-end reporting and analytics solutions. The team is focused on three data analytics portals: Strategic Data Analytics Portal, ETX Analytics Portal, and the IT Metrics Portal. Each offers a purpose-built data environment that is customized to meet our business partners’ specific needs.
- Work directly with business partners and technical teams across MassMutual to gather detailed business requirements and translate them into technical specifications.
- Identify and implement process improvements across all steps of the business analysis delivery process.
- Manage each step of the business analysis process, from eliciting requirements to final sign-off from business and technical stakeholders.
- Work with complex systems and data sources to rapidly prototype and deploy purpose-built data analytics solutions.
- Design, build, and deploy effective dashboards, reports, and analyses to help leaders across the company make data driven decisions.
- Provide input and feedback for business analysis policies, procedures, governance, and standards.
- Capture and document system flow and other relevant technical information that drives success for the team.
- Develop data quality standards and tools for ensuring accuracy.
- Support project management activities, including daily stand-ups, agile ceremonies, portfolio management, project administration, and reporting.
The Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business analysis, or related field.
- 5+ years of experience with business analysis, requirements elicitation and documentation, stakeholder relationship management, and scrum/agile project delivery.
The Ideal Qualifications
- Master’s degree in computer science or engineering.
- IIBA or CBAP Certification
- Expertise in Excel, PowerPoint, Jira, and similar tools.
- Experience with ELT methodologies and tools.
- Experience with business intelligence tools like Tableau, MicroStrategy and Alteryx.
- Excellent verbal, written, and data communication skills
- Strong problem solving, organizational and analytical skills.
- Able to work independently.
- Expert analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with agile project delivery process.
- Experience with using Python and SQL to analyze business data and provide insights.
- Able to troubleshoot problem areas and identify data gaps and issues.
- Ability to manage diverse projects impacting multiple roles and processes.
- Ability to adapt to fast changing environment.
What to Expect as Part of MassMutual and the Team
- Regular meetings with the Enterprise & ETX Analytics Team
- Focused one-on-one meetings with your manager
- Access to mentorship opportunities
- Networking opportunities including access to Asian, Hispanic/Latinx, African American, women, LGBTQ, veteran, and disability-focused Business Resource Groups
- Access to learning content on Degreed and other informational platforms
- Your ethics and integrity will be valued by a company with a strong and stable ethical business with industry leading pay and benefits.
#LI-SC1MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us and share the specifics of the assistance you need.