Head of People Analytics - Advanced Analytics
Head of People Analytics - Advanced AnalyticsBoston, Massachusetts Human Resources Job ID R15094
The Leader of the people analytics advanced analytics function will play a crucial role in leveraging data and insights to drive strategic decision-making and optimize the organization's human capital. You will be responsible for managing a team of data analysts and collaborating with various stakeholders within HR (Human Resources) including talent management, Compensation, DEI, and senior leadership.
The People Analytics team works closely with the Enterprise to deliver insights and influence decisions regarding MassMutual’s human capital to enable it to achieve its strategy. The team brings together a diverse team of experts across HR, data science, DEI and systems that works together to deliver analysis and recommendations related to the management of Human Capital.
The Leader in this role will assess applicability of different analytical methods for different use cases across the Employee lifecycle and be accountable for the successful build and iteration of models/products to support best Employee outcomes. Overall, your role as an Advanced Analytics Lead in People Analytics is to leverage your expertise in advanced analytical methods to uncover meaningful insights from HR data. Your work will support evidence-based HR decision-making, improve workforce planning, and drive strategic initiatives to optimize employee performance and engagement.
What to Expect as Part of MassMutual and the Team:
- Regular meetings with the People Analytics team
- Focused one-on-one meetings with your manager
- Access to mentorship opportunities
- Networking opportunities including access to Asian, Hispanic/Latinx, African American, Women, LGBTQ, Veterans and Disability focused Business Resource Groups.
- Strategy development: Develop and implement a comprehensive people analytics strategy aligned with the organization's goals and objectives. Identify key metrics and data sources to measure workforce performance, engagement, and productivity.
- Data Analysis and Modeling: You will work closely with the HR and People Analytics teams to understand their analytical needs and objectives. You will analyze a wide range of HR data, such as employee demographics, performance metrics, recruitment data, and employee surveys, using advanced statistical techniques and predictive modeling.
- Team management: Lead and mentor a team of analysts and product developers, ensuring their professional growth and development. Foster a collaborative and innovative work environment that encourages teamwork, knowledge sharing, and continuous learning.
- Advanced Analysis: You will conduct in-depth analysis to uncover patterns, correlations, and trends in HR data. This may involve analyzing survey results, running regression analysis, conducting hypothesis testing, and applying other statistical methods to identify key drivers and insights.
- Data Visualization and Reporting: You will work with data visualization tools, such as Tableau or Power BI, to create visually appealing and interactive dashboards and reports. These visualizations will effectively communicate complex analytical findings to HR professionals and other stakeholders, enabling them to make data-driven decisions.
- Technology and tools: Stay up to date with the latest advancements in HR technology, analytics tools, and methodologies. Evaluate and implement appropriate software and systems to enhance data collection, analysis, and reporting capabilities.
- Communication and storytelling: Effectively communicate complex analytical findings and insights to non-technical stakeholders clearly and compellingly. Develop visually appealing and easily understandable presentations, reports, and dashboards to facilitate data-driven decision-making.
- Ethical considerations: Ensure compliance with data privacy regulations and ethical guidelines when handling sensitive employee data. Safeguard data integrity, security, and confidentiality throughout the analytics process.
- Collaboration and Consultation: As an Advanced Analytics Specialist, you will collaborate with HR stakeholders, data analysts, and business leaders to understand their requirements and provide analytical guidance. You will translate business problems into analytical approaches and present actionable insights in a clear and understandable manner.
- Stay Updated on Industry Trends: You will stay abreast of the latest trends and advancements in the field of people analytics, including emerging analytical techniques, tools, and best practices. This will enable you to continuously enhance your skills and contribute innovative solutions to HR challenges.
- Degree in Advanced Analytics, Computer Science or a related field, or comparable work experience.
- Have In-depth knowledge and understanding of HR systems, Compensation, Data Science and Data Engineering
- Effective communication skills to bridge between business, analytics, data, and technology functions
- 5+ years of people management experience in leading a team of data scientists, data analysts, and data engineers to create solutions in People Analytics and HR domain.
- 12+ years of experience in developing Advanced analytical solutions.
#LI-MC1MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us and share the specifics of the assistance you need.
MassMutual will accept applications on an ongoing basis until such time as a candidate has been offered employment.Salary Range: $159,800.00-$209,700.00 Apply