Influencer Marketing Manager
(and you can live near any of our offices in NY, NC, CA, AZ and TX)
Here are a few attributes about you that really appeal to us:
- You love to write creative briefs
- You take concepts and bring them to life
- You are naturally creative
- You love influencers and building relationships with them
- You love all social media platforms and are well versed in each
- You are detail-oriented to the max and won't let anything go to the client you haven't personally reviewed
- You communicate like a champ with the client and influencers and minimize the number of times you have to go back to them with tweaks
- You ooze positivity and look for the bright side even when things are tough
- You can think on your feet and problem solve in the moment
- You understand the world of customer service, know how to play middle man, and can find a solution in any situation
- You know how to turn off the slang and amp up the professionalism when presenting and meeting with client executives and influencers
- You are fluent in social media platforms and you follow creators of all types
- You pay attention to details while not losing focus on the bigger picture
- You play well with others and thrive in a team environment. Since your work isn’t solo, the work you do sets up your team members for success, and this excites you!
- You are highly organized
- You know the right tactics and approaches when talking to clients, influencers, or their management
- You’re a strong negotiator and know how to navigate tricky conversations with confidence
- You push for the best rates for your client, but are fair and value creators and the work they do
- You understand and know your way around an Influencer Agreement and its terms
- You understand terms like CPM, are confident in influencer rates, and have a pulse on industry standards/benchmarks for engagement, story views, video views, etc.
- You can thrive in a remote environment as well as meet the client and team members in person as needed to form great bonds and trusted relationships
- You are comfortable with change; we regularly pivot to stay ahead of the industry and the best ways to serve our clients and employees
- You are the first introduction the influencer (or their manager) has to this campaign and to McKinney, you set the tone!
- You are connected to talent management agencies and influencers
- Working knowledge of CreatorIQ is a plus
- You can thrive in a remote environment as well as meet the client and team members in person in Dallas as needed to form great bonds and trusted relationships
- You live for this stuff and are not afraid to work additional hours or weekends when tight turnarounds are needed
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Influencer Marketing Manager brings campaigns to life by working with creators to produce 5-star content on time, on brand, and on strategy by fostering great creator and talent agency relationships. They are the gateway to McKinney and the client and should get creators excited and inspired to participate in our campaigns.
- Collaborates with Account team to produce successful influencer campaigns that accomplish the client's goals related to content, audience, and online communities
- Leads the Discovery (casting) Phase of the process, seeking out the best influencers for each campaign based on the goals and overall strategy provided
- Manages outreach to all potential creator partners - seeing them through opening conversations, through deal negotiations, all the way through contract negotiations/redlines
- Manages Influencer campaigns through the point of contract signing - seeing the creator through their content development, posting, all the way to reporting.
- Develops and manages campaign budgets
- Responsible for product shipment/delivery to influencers where applicable
- Routinely informs agency teams on emerging creators, digital trends, behaviors, and technologies, to help these teams remain conversant in all types of digital opportunities
- Contributes to post-campaign reporting and provides strategic feedback and insights after campaign wrap
- Supervises third-party vendors/influencers and other outside resources that are used to execute key elements of the program.
- Creates communication and outreach plans relevant to client campaigns.
- Owns content production of highest quality, meeting goals and deadlines
- Routinely informs agency teams on emerging digital trends, behaviors, and technologies, to help these teams remain conversant in all types of digital opportunities.
- Develops post-campaign reporting, implementing reporting structure, and ensuring that tracking methods are considered prior to the campaign launch.
- For this particular client, this role works an average target of 55 hours per week, knowing workload demands fluctuate. Some weeks may require less, while other weeks may require more. Salary expectations, detailed below, are tailored to this expanding work schedule.
In addition, you meet these minimum requirements:
- One to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3-5 years experience in influencer relations or outreach
- Good communication, writing, project management, relationship building, and cross-functional collaboration skills
- Strong account management skills to make sure tasks are delivered to the client with high quality and accuracy
- You’re a tactical implementer and know how to make big ideas come to life in small ways
The company is a vibrant, fun-loving, and fast-paced place to work. If you’re a self-starter who works well with autonomy and wants the opportunity to impact positive change in your workplace, you’ll excel here. We promise that as a member of our team, you’ll have variety, learn amazing things, and be part of a real team.
We’re highly protective of our culture, our process, and our clients. We work hard to make sure everyone we hire will be, too. Our values drive everything we do, and if you work here, it’s important that we care about the same things.
This position will not have direct reports.
This position requires occasional travel to Dallas, Texas on an estimated quarterly basis.
- Proficient in Google Suite
- Proficient in Excel, Google Sheets, and basic knowledge of pivot tables
- Microsoft Office and Excel
- Asana experience is a plus
- Captiv8 influencer dashboard and management experience is a plus
- Experience working in a project management program like Monday.com
- Familiarity with Influencer Marketing Management Software like Captiv8
- Experience using Google and Microsoft Workspaces
- Experience in running paid advertising on social media platforms
- Prolonged periods of sittings at a desk and working on a computer
Is our team the right place for you? If this sounds like a fit, we can’t wait to meet you.
Our estimated range for this role is $65k - $80k
Don’t let this range drive your decision to apply. Actual compensation packages are based on the skill level and experience each candidate brings to their role. There may also be a more senior or junior position available that could be a better fit with your expertise. Each level has its own compensation range.
At McKinney, we pride ourselves on competitive salaries, and we work hard to ensure there is pay equity across our organization. We benchmark each position against existing employees, location and the 4As. We also meet with managers 3x/year to discuss supporting each and every employee living into their full potential. Our promotions are not limited to a specific time per year. Promotions are tied to performance. We welcome open and honest conversations about compensation. We look forward to meeting you!
RIGHT TO WORK IN THE US
You must be authorized to work in the US for any employer. At this time, we are not sponsoring or providing assistance with obtaining work authorization.
McKinney is a place where everyone can grow. Studies have shown that marginalized communities such as women, LGBTQ+ and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. However you identify, and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
We are in the office Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday on a hybrid schedule.