Consumer Insights Analyst
As a Consumer Insights Analyst at McKinney, your role is to uncover meaningful connections between business, consumers, and culture. You'll gather and analyze data from various sources, including online surveys, social media, and market research databases. Collaborating with third-party research providers, you'll help paint a clear picture of business opportunities for our teammates and clients. Data Strategy at McKinney is all about making informed decisions through insightful analysis.
In order to be considered for this position please prepare a cover letter for your submission. Submissions without cover letters will not be considered until other applicants are reviewed.
This is what the job entails, versus what the job requires, which is listed below under Competencies and Expectations.
- Managing Primary Research Efforts:
- Development, fielding and analysis of online surveys
- Incorporate statistical methodologies like correspondence mapping, regression analysis, cluster analysis, etc. into client research efforts
- Management of 3rd party vendor relationships (e.g., panel providers, market research firms, etc.)
- Staying up to date on market research methodologies
- Utilizing secondary data resources:
- Build, mine and explicate audiences within SimmonsMRI, Global Web Index, etc.
- Leverage data from realtime brand tracking with YouGov, ComScore, etc.
- Conducting social listening on platforms such as Netbase, Quid, BrandWatch, etc.
- Assist in the development of tools and processes to generate insights from new data sources as they arise
Leveraging 3rd party research
- Digesting and analyzing third party research reports from Mintel, WARC, Pew, etc.
- Staying on top of client-specific industry trends
Competencies and Expectations
Now that you know what the role entails, here’s what you need to be able to do to thrive in it.
- A background market research or a consumer insights role in an advertising agency or marketing department
- Microsoft Excel / Google Sheets: You’ll need to know pivot tables, VLookups and how to generate descriptive statistics within either.
- Experience with online survey software such as Qualtrics, Survey Monkey, etc.
- Experience with at least one of the following: SPSS, SAS, R, Matlab or other statistical software applications
- Data visualization: generation of charts and graphs within Excel/PowerPoint or Google Sheets. Tableau is a plus but not required.
- A deep curiosity for understanding why consumers make decisions about brands and how culture influences them that process
- A desire to understand the multiple ways to deliver on research objectives
- An ability to present findings visually, verbally, and written. Telepathic communication is a plus but not required.
- An ability to present market research findings to non-subject matter experts.
- Experience in at least one of the following areas is required:
- Social listening tools like Netbase, Meltwater, BrandWatch
- Syndicated research services like SimmonsMRI or Global Web Index
- Experience with research partners such as Kantar, MillwardBrown, IPSOS, MediaScience, LRW, etc
3-5 years of related experience within one of the following: Consumer or Brand Insights role at an advertising agency, market research firm, or marketing department