Senior Social Strategist
East Coast office locations preferred
The Senior Strategist, Social Media will lead social strategy for multiple key clients as part of a close knit team, working closely with creative, production, account leadership, and marketing science. You are the Social Media expert, but you understand and are passionate about how social media can help unlock the potential of big, creative ideas across digital and traditional platforms. You are innately curious about people and culture and trends, and you want to share what you learn with others on the team - and with the agency at large - to inspire bigger and more effective ideas to take shape. You also balance this ambition with a practical understanding of what works, helping others on the team to understand it as well. You enthusiastically help McKinney’s new business efforts, whether in a support or leadership role.
Experience and Responsibilities
- Deep expertise in established and emerging social platforms, specifically who uses each platform, how and why they’re used, and best practices.
- Strong understanding of paid social media, able to interpret social performance data and recommend immediate creative optimizations as well as actions for future efforts.
- Constantly learns about social trends, able to identify untapped opportunities for brands within social and digital platforms, and eager to educate agency and client teammates about them.
- Social Media Connoisseur! Curious and passionate about finding new solutions to new and emerging communication and marketing solutions in digital (i.e. the emergence of performance marketing, user experience design in digital, et cetera)
- Able to connect social smarts to other aspects of digital strategy, e.g. website development, e-Commerce, mobile, etc.
- Able to own, develop, and present strategic social plans and frameworks with minimal oversight.
- Confident presenter and storyteller who can effectively convey POVs and strategies to internal teams and external stakeholders.
- Ability to author clear, concise, and motivating creative briefs based on insights.
- Develops and fosters strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.Conducts social competitive audits with support from Jr. Strategist.
- Strong organizational skills - effectively manages multiple projects simultaneously.
- Participate as required with new business – sometimes to support the client-facing team, sometimes to be client-facing.
Professional Skills & Knowledge
- Individual should have advanced knowledge of G Suite, MS Office Suite, and various social listening and audience tools.
- Strong competency for paid and organic social reporting: Create standard reports, analyses, and presentations using analytical tools and Google/Microsoft Suite
- Strong social tool competency with social listening, audience insight and community management tools (Comscore, Netbase, Helixa, HooteSuite, et cetera)
- Must have a background in and/or passion for digital technology, performance marketing, media and communication strategy.
- Strong strategic and analytical skills, with the ability to leverage insights to draw sound conclusions and recommendations.
- Creation and management of content calendars, channel recommendations, audience targeting strategies, and creative weekly optimization insights.
- Strong presentation skills
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite and HTML a plus.
Education & Training
7+ years’ experience in marketing/advertising, with at least 5 years focused on social and digital strategy. Previous agency experience is required, client-side experience is a plus.