A social strategist manages and supervises clients’ social presence from beginning to end. Social strategists are cultural miners who bring creative energy to every room they enter, identifying opportunities for our most successful clients, and working alongside internal and client teams to bring them to life. They are power users of social media and a first mover on the newest social platform, who are always seeking to bring new and innovative thinking to internal and external teams.
- Create ongoing social and digital strategies that guide how the brand appears across social channels, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, and Twitch
- Lead all monthly, quarterly, and real-time creative briefings in coordination with account, brand strategy, and production teams
- Help build activation-specific communication strategies in coordination with social strategy, data strategy, and brand strategy teams
- Collaborate with internal and external teams on providing breakthrough ways to show up in paid and organic social, based on data-driven insights, audience behaviors, cultural trends, competitive landscape, and new platform features
- Lead all quarterly and real-time reporting, as well as optimization recommendations and test and learn approaches
- Proactively identify brand opportunities in social and emerging media
- Work directly with creative and production teams to build social-first creative that achieves business goals, including real-time or trending opportunities
- Works with social strategy team to continuously identify opportunities to bring social media expertise to internal and external teams
- Help evangelize social media as a core component of the Strategy discipline, creating a bridge between strategy and creative
- Mentors and supervises community manager(s)
2-4 years of dedicated social strategy or brand strategy experience at a digital agency, full-service advertising agency or client-side. Proven experience in managing internal and external content contributors ,and working with other brands on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, and other social media platforms.