Location: Durham, NC, New York, NY, Los Angeles, CA, Phoenix, AZ, Dallas, TX
Here are a few attributes about you that really appeal to us:
- You have a very strong understanding in the influencer space and its role in marketing
- You have experience as a Strategist, understanding how to bring together data and insights with strategic frameworks.
- You are fluent in social media platforms
- Examining the details and staying highly organized – always – is baked into your DNA. You pay attention to details while not losing focus on the bigger picture.
- In addition to being an intrinsically social person, you’re open-minded, love to brainstorm, have no problem jumping in to help when other members of your team are slammed. And… you know how to respectfully push back when necessary.
- You know how to talk to clients
- You know what it takes to be client-facing and daily account management and client communication excite you. You are the go-to person for our clients when they have a tactical question or need information on how our campaigns are performing.
- You are a relationship builder
- You establish and cultivate relationships with key influencers across multiple digital platforms.
- Competitive, market, and platform Research
- Conceptualize influencer activations
- Draft compelling pitches and reports (work on decks)
- Partner - “Hang in” with cross-functional teams
- Keep a pulse on channels, platforms and trends
- Provide KPI estimates
- Provide budget recommendations
- Provide Sample Influencer ID
- Provide Litmus Test
- Provide Project Overview
- Presenting, speaking
- Kick-off Project execution team
- Keep pulse on campaign execution via team meetings, Slack, and Asana, providing strategic direction where needed and tracking key learnings throughout process
- Participating in post mortems with full team
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Influencer Strategist integrates campaign planning, mobile and social media to bring strategies to life and ensure that plans support the client’s brand and business goals and objectives. Identifies business and marketing problems, industry drivers, and competitive dynamics. Performs research, analyzes trends/results to determine strategic implications.
- Conducts analysis of multiple solution options, develops and recommends strategic approaches that meet the client’s objectives, and applies customer insights that enable clients to compete effectively.
- Proactively identifies new opportunities for client growth, enforces processes, and provides quality assurance and implementation of best practices.
- Collaborates with Account, Project, and Media teams to develop effective digital strategies that accomplish each client's goals related to content, audience, and online communities.
- Leads the Discovery Phase of the process, working with clients and agency teams to develop a digital strategy that aligns with each client's overarching brand strategy.
- Upon client approval, develops and supervises the execution of digital strategies.
- Supervises third-party vendors/influencers and other outside resources that are used to execute key elements of the program.
- Develops relationships with influencers relevant to client campaigns.
- Creates communication and outreach plans relevant to client campaigns.
- Develops campaign budgets.
- Routinely informs agency teams on emerging digital trends, behaviors, and technologies, to help these teams remain conversant in all types of digital opportunities.
- Oversees and develops post-campaign reporting, implementing reporting structure, and ensuring that tracking methods are considered prior to the campaign launch.
- For this particular client, this role works an average target of 55 hours per week, knowing workload demands fluctuate. Some weeks may require less, while other weeks may require more. Salary expectations, detailed below, are tailored to this expanding work schedule.
In addition, you meet these minimum requirements:
- 2-4 years experience in influencer relations or outreach
- Good communication, writing, project management, relationship building, and cross-functional collaboration skills
- Strong account management skills to make sure tasks are delivered to clients with high quality and accuracy.
- You’re a tactical implementer and know how to make big ideas come to life in small ways.
This position may require occasional travel to Dallas, Texas on an estimated quarterly basis.
- Proficient in Google Suite
- Proficient in Excel, Google Sheets, and basic knowledge of pivot tables
- Microsoft Office and Excel
- Asana experience is a plus
- Captiv8 influencer dashboard and management experience is a plus
- Experience working in a project management program like Monday.com
- Familiarity with Influencer Marketing Management Software like Captiv8
- Experience using Google and Microsoft Workspaces
- Experience in running paid advertising on social media platforms
- Prolonged periods of sittings at a desk and working on a computer
Is our team the right place for you? If this sounds like a fit, we can’t wait to meet you.
Our estimated range for this role is $80k - $90k
Don’t let this range drive your decision to apply. Actual compensation packages are based on the skill level and experience each candidate brings to their role. There may also be a more senior or junior position available that could be a better fit with your expertise. Each level has its own compensation range.
At McKinney, we pride ourselves on competitive salaries, and we work hard to ensure there is pay equity across our organization. We benchmark each position against existing employees, location and the 4As. We also meet with managers 3x/year to discuss supporting each and every employee living into their full potential. Our promotions are not limited to a specific time per year. Promotions are tied to performance. We welcome open and honest conversations about compensation. We look forward to meeting you!
RIGHT TO WORK IN THE US
You must be authorized to work in the US for any employer. At this time, we are not sponsoring or providing assistance with obtaining work authorization.
McKinney is a place where everyone can grow. Studies have shown that marginalized communities such as women, LGBTQ+ and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. However you identify, and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
We are in the office Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday on a hybrid schedule.