Lead and manage both client and internal projects at the agency with poised urgency. Serve as the day-to-day lead on respective projects through effective communication and documentation of critical information. Seek team alignment at all times to reduce waste and heighten focus. Manage operational opportunities and challenges up to the client-assigned, Project Supervisor via thoughtful consideration and format. Onboard, manage, and mentor other project management team members as assigned/needed.
- Collaborate with the Project Supervisor and/or account lead on relevant scopes of work and create corresponding deliverables tracker to be managed on a monthly basis.
- Lead, manage and be accountable for each step of the internal process from the early planning stages through locked creative (and testing prep when appropriate):
- Open projects in Webvantage and inform team members of job number for project.
- Set up and manage appropriate slack channels and box folders.
- Identify, assign and communicate creative resource assignments with PS approval.
- Build internal schedule and ensure that each department stakeholder is aligned with approach; once approved, schedule & manage meetings using POST structure.
- Coordinate and run productive internal meetings and close/follow up with next steps.
- Maintain and archive detailed records of the life of a project (on server and workflow tool).
- Create, manage and run project status that best adheres to the team and project (type, cadence, etc.) to ensure awareness of the opportunities/challenges across active and upcoming projects.
- Delegate next steps with team members effectively through clear communication, detail, and documentation.
- Proactively remove barriers by closely monitoring all active tasks while flagging potential risks.
- Provide quality control by ensuring work and presentations have been properly routed to team stakeholders and proofreading when necessary.
- Properly document critical project documents on Box.
- Proactively mitigate PTO concerns by recurring vetting of the PTO calendar against current schedules.
- Action Oriented. Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes more opportunities than others.
- Written & Verbal Communications. Is able to write and speak clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; can get messages across that have the desired eﬀect.
- Listening. Practices attentive and active listening; has the patience to hear people out; can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees.
- Problem Solving. Use rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effectives solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
- Priority Setting. Spends his/her time and the time of others on what’s important; quickly zeros in on the critical few and puts the trivial aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks; creates focus.
- Interpersonal Savvy. Relates well to all kinds of people (up, down, and sideways; inside and outside the organization); builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Integrity and Trust. Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn't misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
- Peer Relationships. Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; can represent his/her own interests and yet be fair to other groups; is seen as a team player and is cooperative; easily gains trust and support of peers; encourages collaboration; can be candid with peer.
- Self-Knowledge. Knows personal strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and limits; seeks feedback; gains insight from mistakes; is open to criticism; isn't defensive; is receptive to talking about shortcomings; looks forward to balanced (+'s and -'s) performance reviews and career discussions.
Professional Skills & Knowledge
Must have exceptional organization and communication skills. Must be action-oriented, resourceful, empathetic and hyper-aware. Creative problem-solver with demonstrable ability to effectively lead and negotiate at all levels. Must also demonstrate a complete understanding of the creative process in a deadline-driven industry. The ability to remain calm and collected and maintain a positive attitude and thrive in a fast-paced environment is a must. Able to manage the day to day tasks while remaining focused on the project’s ultimate goal(s). Experience with monday.com, Webvantage and/or other project management software/tools is a plus.
2+ years of experience in project/program management in an agency setting.
Project Management certification a plus.
Our estimated range for this role is $65K - $75K
Compensation packages are based on the skill level and experience each candidate brings to their role. There may also be a more senior or junior position available that could be a better fit with your expertise. Each level has its own compensation range.
We pride ourselves on competitive salaries, and ensuring pay equity exists across our organization. We benchmark each position against existing employee competencies and 4As compensation data which includes geographic and agency size benchmarks. We also meet with department leaders 3x/year to insure we are supporting employees in living into their full potential. Our promotions are not limited to a specific time per year. Promotions are tied to performance. We look forward to meeting you!
RIGHT TO WORK IN THE US
You must be authorized to work in the US for any employer. At this time, we are not sponsoring or providing assistance with obtaining work authorization.
McKinney is a place where everyone can grow. Studies have shown that marginalized communities such as women, LGBTQ+ and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. However you identify, and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
We are in the office Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday on a hybrid schedule.