We are a dynamic and innovative marketing and advertising agency, committed to delivering exceptional client results. Our purpose is to discover and unleash the untapped potential in our world with our SMARTS and HEARTS.
- LISTEN. Before anything else, we seek to understand.
- PROVOKE. Proactively question assumptions.
- SIMPLIFY. Strive to take the complex and make it simple.
- PERSEVERE. Expect obstacles. Overcome them and keep going.
- BELIEVE. Trust that, together, we can do anything.
- LOVE. Love what we do, respect, and lift each other up.
- Display a mastery of media fundamentals, including experience and interest across traditional and digital
- Demonstrate proficiency with industry planning tools (e.g., Nielsen Media Impact, Nielsen Ad Intel, Strata, CM360, etc.) to identify and evaluate media opportunities, assess the competitive landscape, pull plan deliveries and manage media buys
- Build and refine media plan recommendations that deliver on the client’s business goals and objectives
- Develop a deep understanding of an existing and/or prospective client’s business (e.g., sales, seasonality, target audience, etc.)
- Review past efforts to understand role of media types utilized and historical performance as relevant to successfully developing future campaigns
- Collaborate with account management, strategy, creative and production colleagues
- Create initial draft of media planning goals and objectives and a measurement plan framework
- Gather and analyze relevant research to strategically inform plan development
- Spearhead communication with all media partners
- Create, organize and maintain relevant media partner information (contact info, media kits, etc.)
- RFP media partners to identify strategically relevant opportunities
- Review proposals leveraging agency resources and planning tools
- Generate buy authorizations to secure client approval for planned media elements
- Create contracts (buy details and insertion orders) to secure inventory from media partners
- Build trafficking sheets by media type with all relevant information (placement, targeting, cost model, etc.)
Reporting and optimization
- Monitor, optimize and report on the approved digital media plan elements
- Direct analytics team in building and maintaining Tableau or other performance dashboards using available data
- Review and analyze campaign data from dashboards (or other relevant sources)
- Regularly communicate with partners to implement optimizations based on their performance
- Build and present performance reports as scoped per client
- Accurately track media budgets and expenditures by media type and by month and manage flowcharts to visualize placements by media type
- Verify that all media ran as approved; otherwise, negotiate make-goods and/or credit as may be applicable in accordance with industry practices
- Review, verify, approve and process media invoices and resolve discrepancies
- Guide assistant media planners to successfully execute the responsibilities outlined above
- You are goal-oriented. You know exactly what you want. You’re a habitual setter of specific, measurable, attainable, relevant and time-bound goals. And you hold yourself accountable.
- You are insatiably curious. You’re thirsty for knowledge. You want to know why things are the way they are. You regularly ask “why?” You’re always looking to understand the reasoning behind a decision or why something is performing a certain way.
- You are a task master. You make lists for everything that needs to be done and can balance multiple priorities and deliverables across disciplines to drive day-to-day campaign operations forward. You know what is happening on a daily basis across your team and are the point person for questions about performance.
- You are detail-oriented. In a client service business, especially one where you manage lots of money, it pays to have an eagle eye. You proofread your work several times over to ensure that it flows content-wise, is error-free and ready to send onward. (Like we obviously did writing this.
- You make things happen. You regularly put forth new ways, placements, trends and technologies to bring ideas to life in fresh, unexpected ways. You don’t take “no” for an answer from your media partners.
- You are an overachiever. You always do things better than people expect them to be done. That’s just the standard you’ve set for yourself and you help to instill that drive among your team as well.
Professional Skills & Knowledge
Knowledge of all aspects of media (programmatic, site direct, social, SEM, SEO, OOH, broadcast, etc.) and strong understanding of research tools (e.g. MRI-Simmons, Nielsen Media Impact, Nielsen Ad Intel, comScore, Strata, etc).
2-3 years of media planning, buying and reporting experience
Our estimated range for this role is $65k - $80k
Compensation packages are based on the skill level and experience each candidate brings to their role. There may also be a more senior or junior position available that could be a better fit with your expertise. Each level has its own compensation range.
We pride ourselves on competitive salaries, and ensuring pay equity exists across our organization. We benchmark each position against existing employee competencies and 4As compensation data which includes geographic and agency size benchmarks. We also meet with department leaders 3x/year to insure we are supporting employees in living into their full potential. Our promotions are not limited to a specific time per year. Promotions are tied to performance. We look forward to meeting you!
RIGHT TO WORK IN THE US
You must be authorized to work in the US for any employer. At this time, we are not sponsoring or providing assistance with obtaining work authorization.
McKinney is a place where everyone can grow. Studies have shown that marginalized communities such as women, LGBTQ+ and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. However you identify, and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
We are in the office Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday on a hybrid schedule.